instrument cluster LEDs '03 KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keseleth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
I've been slowly converting my KJ over the LEDs, but ran into a snag with the cluster. I'm hoping someone out there can help.
So, I purchased a pack of PC74 LED's (these) , but they won't fit into the circuit board. Am I doing something wrong here or are these the wrong bulbs or bases? Everywhere I've looked says they should be PC74's....

Here are pics of what I got and what was there:

You must be registered for see images attach

^side-by-side comparison.

^the original cluster bulb

^back view of cluster circuit board... just in case mine is a mutant from another planet. :shrug:

Please forgive me if I'm missing something obvious. It's been a looong weekend. :Insane: Any help would be much appreciated!

Keseleth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dangit....well, at least it's not a case of 'operator error.' Thanks for letting me know. Any idea where I could find any information on the base?
According to the manual, the bulb itself is a '103' (aka 74), but unfortunately that doesn't help me with the base size.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dangit....well, at least it's not a case of 'operator error.' Thanks for letting me know. Any idea where I could find any information on the base?
According to the manual, the bulb itself is a '103' (aka 74), but unfortunately that doesn't help me with the base size.

The bulb and base are one unit.

I have extra's right here but no part # but looking again at superbrightled.com they are B8 sized IC bulbs,same as the red base in your 1st pic.

Keseleth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
B8! Thank you! That's exactly what I needed. I really appreciate the help. :)

SAString

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At superbrightLEDs.com buy the B8 w/the 4D base. Get the "warm 2900K" color or else your cluster will be a crazy bright cyan instead of greenish. The tabs and the sides are for a 2mm thick circuit board, so you'll need to twist and bend them down with needle nose pliers to ~1.5mm so they make secure contact with the board. Remember LEDs are polarized +-, so expect 50% of your bulbs to not light at first, locate the ones that are out, mark them and rotate them 180°. Double check the bent tab contacts also.

Note:
These will be brighter than the bulbs were. But they will also not dim as much as the rest of the panel.