I'm to hot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

battersby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a bigger radiater for 3.7 or have one custom bilt I'm running little to hot no the beach. I have the factory AT cooler and a BIG after market trany cooler so that's fine. Should I put a engine oil cooler?

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question is, why are you running hot. I can sit at the beach all day going less that a 3 mph and never get hot.

Sent from my Home Phone using Tapatalk 2

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question is, why are you running hot. I can sit at the beach all day going less that a 3 mph and never get hot.

Sent from my Home Phone using Tapatalk 2
X2.............

Spent many hours in MOAB in almost 100 degree temps with no overheating issues and I run the stock KJ radiator,no HD cooling either.

If your really running to hot(over 225 degrees) there is a problem and you need to find that problem 1st.Just putting in a bigger radiator will not fix your issue,only extend the length of time before it overheats.

battersby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the " towing package" with dual fans. I put a 185 t stat in her going Down the road she at 196 to 198 going 20 mph on the sand she goes up to 210. She cools down quick at idle to 196 to 199.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the " towing package" with dual fans. I put a 185 t stat in her going Down the road she at 196 to 198 going 20 mph on the sand she goes up to 210. She cools down quick at idle to 196 to 199.
Your a long way from being to hot.The electric fan(main cooling fan) does not even turn on till you hit 219 degrees.

You really should swap back in a 195 degree t-stat,your only hurting your mpg's,power,and if it get's cold enough the check engine light will come on for the engine not reaching operating temps(or soon enough).

battersby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What the danger zone for this moter then? I have a jet stage tow chip in her and it calls for a 185 t stat, you still think a 195 will be fine?

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jet chip is useless, if you want anything that will stick around you need to program it.

sickrunners

Reaction score
Are you driving in the sand at the beach? Sand puts a huge load on the engine, if your temp didn't go up, I would say there is a problem.

Members online

No members online now.