If you're wondering how you know when you need new suspension parts....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Consider it a sign when your front spring coils are nearly touching each other while the vehicle is parked on level ground.

Betcha I have about 1/4" of travel before coils touch and that's all you get.

OME lift parts can't get here soon enough!

You must be registered for see images attach

It's also bad when your cv angle points UP towards the wheel...instead of being level or angled slightly downward.

You must be registered for see images attach

Whelan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did ours just over a year ago with a set of Moog coilovers. The biggest PITA part was the stupid fork and getting it back in place. Otherwise the engine bay access is pretty straightforward.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did ours just over a year ago with a set of Moog coilovers. The biggest PITA part was the stupid fork and getting it back in place. Otherwise the engine bay access is pretty straightforward.

Good to hear! I don't expect many issues... Although looking at the condition of the nut, if I ever have to remove my lower control arm, that's gonna be a pain.

Whelan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to hear! I don't expect many issues... Although looking at the condition of the nut, if I ever have to remove my lower control arm, that's gonna be a pain.
Lower control arm is giving me a headache because the BJ needs replacing but the hub is frozen onto the axle so I can't get it off to remove and press a new one in.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lower control arm is giving me a headache because the BJ needs replacing but the hub is frozen onto the axle so I can't get it off to remove and press a new one in.

Do you have a bottle of MAPP gas and the screw on torch head? That ought to get hot enough, but be cautious and cognizant of where you apply the heat so that you don't cook the wheel bearing.

Whelan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a bottle of MAPP gas and the screw on torch head? That ought to get hot enough, but be cautious and cognizant of where you apply the heat so that you don't cook the wheel bearing.

I'm deferring to my mechanic neighbor to help out on this one. He has the gas as I only have the blue bottles and am not savvy enough for heating these components in the right spot. He also has a puller that will help to pry it away.

I am going to him tomorrow to check into my rear UCA issue because I am clueless as to why it is still knocking.

Latest posts

Members online