If you have to replace Bank1 Converter do you change both?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vals4x4

Reaction score
If you have to replace Bank1 Converter do you change both? or all Three?

My drivers side converter has a few holes near the outlet flange. I might just change it out. but do I have to change the other side or all three if they are working without errors?

And if I change the bank1 converter is it a no brainer to put in 2 new Oxygen Sensors??

Renedave

Reaction score
You can just change one. I’d recommend using OEM over aftermarket, got bit by both standard and “quality performance” cats that didn’t outlast a year and I’m now a member of the buy once, cry once school of thought.

No brainer as in easy? No, it’s a pain in the tail that works best if you have two wrists on each arm. No brainer as in needs to be done? Definitely on the rear one, only on the front one if it’s throwing lean, heater, or voltage codes on it.

Vals4x4

Reaction score
You can just change one. I’d recommend using OEM over aftermarket, got bit by both standard and “quality performance” cats that didn’t outlast a year and I’m now a member of the buy once, cry once school of thought.

No brainer as in easy? No, it’s a pain in the tail that works best if you have two wrists on each arm. No brainer as in needs to be done? Definitely on the rear one, only on the front one if it’s throwing lean, heater, or voltage codes on it.

LOOKS LIKE the Mopar Cat Converters might be discontinued!

Walkers will have to do! & NTK on the O2 sensors.

thanks

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you’re in New York. Check Craigslist. There is someone selling both cats with sensors for $150

Vals4x4

Reaction score
I scanned for codes and found both #2 O2s had codes plus a MAF code. I cleared the codes and am waiting to see if they come back. meanwhile waiting for parts & JB weld from Amazon & Rockauto. peepwall.gif(libpatblue)

Latest posts

Members online