How To Eliminate Annoying Rolling Door Locks or ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davyvan

Reaction score
Is there a method to program all doors to unlock when opening the drivers door to exit the vehicle? I have already programed the key to unlock all doors with a single push of unlock button, nice tweak.
Better yet, is there a method to disable the rolling door locks completely without going to the dealership? I have a newly aquired 2005 Liberty Sport and eliminating this "safety feature" would prevent me from cursing when I forget to unlock all doors, get out, and then have to dig for my keys to unlock the passenger or rear door. Thanks!

Last edited:

towpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in my 06 limited (the one with all the electronics everyone seems to complain about :) ) all the locks settings are set in the overhead console

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
in my 06 limited (the one with all the electronics everyone seems to complain about :) ) all the locks settings are set in the overhead console

In my 05 limited (the one without all the electronics everyone seems to complain about) the choice is in overhead console too. I don't think you can eliminate the doors from autolocking when moving but there has to be a way to set the auto open when you open the drivers side without an EVIC. Did you try googling it?

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as I know the rolling locks etc. is all done inside the BCM so you may need the Dealers to re-program it.

As far as unlocking all the doors when exiting I find it simple enough to flick up the switch on the driver or passenger door to unlock all the doors, tailgate etc.

Jeremy-WI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
davyvan, I think the driver's door unlocks when you open the door because of a mechanism in the door latch and not something electrical that can be programmed

davyvan

Reaction score
This annoying feature can be temporarily disabled for each start. When I hear the locks engage at 15mph I hit the unlock and they won't automatically lock until after the next start. Not perfect, but at least I don't have to dig my keys out and cuss every time I forget to unlock all the doors. Dealerships are reluctant to disable this "safety feature".

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This annoying feature can be temporarily disabled for each start. When I hear the locks engage at 15mph I hit the unlock and they won't automatically lock until after the next start. Not perfect, but at least I don't have to dig my keys out and cuss every time I forget to unlock all the doors. Dealerships are reluctant to disable this "safety feature".

Why can't you use your finger and push UP on the door lock switch on the drivers' door to unlock the remaining doors?

I put kids in my Jeep, so having locks that don't auto-lock when rolling is a bad idea for me, perhaps your scenario is different. I also don't like all doors unlocking with a single RKE press... good way for someone hiding on the far side of the Jeep in a parking lot to gain access when I don't expect it... easier carjacking, it happens. No thank you.

That's something I hate about my GMC Acadia, as soon as you put it in PARK, all of the doors instantly unlock. Yeah, that's what I want when I stop for a minute on 6 Mile in Detroit.... (yes 6, not 8, I sometimes go "deeper" than the infamous 8 mile rd.).

Latest posts

Members online