how to 04+ intake tube on 02/03 3.7V6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
been wanting to do this for a while, and finally did because one of the mounting tabs on my 2002 silencer box broke.
so here goes:

parts required:
1x: K&N 084034 (3-1/4 to 2-3/4 silicone intake coupler)
2x: 1/4" NPT x 5/8 hose barb fitting (brass)
1x: 1/4" NPT elbow (brass)
1x: 1/4" NPT short nipple (brass)
04+ KJ intake tube
31/64 drill bit

get a 04+ intake tube, from the airbox to the throttle body.
-on the throttle body side of the intake tube, cut off the softer flexible rubber part, this houses the IAT sensor.
-clean up the cut, no loose plastic shavings.
-drill a 31/64 hole in the tube on the right for one of the vent hoses, thread in a 1/4" npt x 5/8 hose barb. the metal fitting will cut threads in the plastic
-drill another 31/64 hole just behind the "3" that is embossed on the intake tube (see pics)
-assemble short nipple, elbow, and remaining 1/4npt x 5/8 hose barb, then thread this assembly into the hole, barb should point to the passenger side.
-connect all the hoses and coupler and you are done

i like the look a lot better than the 02/03 silencer box (resonator), and this is smoother. gas mileage? maybe...

maybe another time i will find a way to get the iat into the tube and off the manifold

enjoy

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your resonator box is trashed anyway, I'd like to see what it looks like inside. Could never figure out the purpose and I puller mine after a PCV reroute. Doubt removing it does anything for performance but sure looks a bunch cleaner. :gr_grin:

Latest posts

Members online