Horn not working right

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gabegt90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a problem with my mom's 02 liberty limited. The horn does not work right
The horn works but I think it might be shorted somewhere. one day the horn would not shut off it will just keep on blasting. The only way to turn it off was to take the fuse out. got to fix this soon. do you think it is shorted somewhere?

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 1976 Buick Skyhawk that would honk randomly. I ended up just needing to tighten the bolt that held the horn button ground. If that is the problem you would have to take off the airbag. Before you do that the horn on my 2006 in under the drivers side head light accessible from under the bumper you might have somehow filled it with water or something. You can buy an after market 130dB horn for about 10 to 15 at most auto parts stores.

gabegt90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys where is the horn relay located at? is it in the fuse panel? I tried looking for a horn relay but could not find one

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its either in the box under the hood or in the block of relays under the dash. To get to the ones under the dash, you must pull down the knee bolster under the steering wheel. It just pops down then hindges down.

I would have to look in the OM to see where its at for sure.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The horn does not work right
The horn works but I think it might be shorted somewhere.

Aside from reconciling these two statements:-k, it may be a very simple problem. I believe that the two metal contacts beneath the rubber pad can simply become bent or warped so that they are extremely close to eachother. So close in fact, that some people have reported their horns going off automatically in the middle of the night while in the garage. This often happens on abnormally cold days. Sometimes the only fix is to pull the steering wheel out and bend the metal contacts further apart from eachother. If you get it figured out, let us know.