Hoping for a miracle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HJSteve

Reaction score
I'm hoping for either a miracle or to at least be able to post in the for sale section on here soon.

0304 and 0300 codes on my 2004 Jeep Liberty and it has a severe miss. It's not the plugs or coil pack. Maybe it will miraculously clear up if I talk about it enough or at least I will be able to post in the for sale section o sell it on here to a Jeep Liberty enthusiast.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A quick google and a possibility came up. Did you check the ASD relay?

HJSteve

Reaction score
I really don't have the garage space or time to pull the valve cover.

Also, I already have way too much "fun" at work and don't think that I can handle smiling even more! Haha

Thanks for the suggestion. :)

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So no one's looked at it yet beyond plugs and coils?

I mean, it could just have a torn intake tube, or a loose vacuum or PCV line...

HJSteve

Reaction score
Well, since I can't post in the for sale section, if anyone knows somebody who knows somebody who wants to have lots of "fun", have them send me a PM and I can send description and photos. :)

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you're not interested in fixing it then? Even if it's just a $35 upstream O2? Or a ripped intake tube? Or a leaking valve cover gasket getting oil into the spark plug wells?

Your truck bud... not knowing what effort you've already put into this, but usually the "help me diagnose my Jeep" threads get more than 7 posts before the OP decides to scrap and sell it.

HJSteve

Reaction score
Even after creating this post and responding to others, I still can't list the Jeep in the for sale section. How disappointing and what a terrible policy.

Maybe I will just donate the Jeep and be done with the aggravation.

djtimyd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are serious about donating it, I would be more than happy to facilitate that.

You must be registered for see images

I am affiliated with a charity called The Human Fund (Money for People) and I am sure they would graciously accept your donation. Just let me know!

HJSteve

Reaction score
Then again it is getting close to the holiday season so maybe I will give it as a Festivus present.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I donated my 02 to a veteran's organization, carshelpingveterans. Not sure where in MD you are but they just auctioned it off at some mega auction house over in Bel Air.

HJSteve

Reaction score
So the Jeep is gone and probably not to a "Jeep Enthusiast". As I thought, the first person who took the time to look at it bought it from the Craig's list ad that I posted.

The people on this website seem very nice. Thanks to all who posted helpful suggestions.

The forum's rules really need to be changed as some Jeep enthusiast might have just missed out on a great deal (I STILL can't post ads here.)

I don't feel like I've been cheated by this website but it does prove the old saying is sometimes correct... you get what you pay for.

I definitely got more than my money's worth from Craig's List. :)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So the Jeep is gone and probably not to a "Jeep Enthusiast". As I thought, the first person who took the time to look at it bought it from the Craig's list ad that I posted.

The people on this website seem very nice. Thanks to all who posted helpful suggestions.

The forum's rules really need to be changed as some Jeep enthusiast might have just missed out on a great deal (I STILL can't post ads here.)

I don't feel like I've been cheated by this website but it does prove the old saying is sometimes correct... you get what you pay for.

I definitely got more than my money's worth from Craig's List. :)

Rules as far as posting something for sale are set for a reason
Many years ago on all Jeep forums ( and others ) people would pop on and post something for sale and then on 20 other sites and never heard from again.
Left many people wanting to buy but original poster never came back to say things were sold etc.
I was even stung twice in the early days of buying something with someone only having a few posts, never to receive what I paid for!

djtimyd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Golden Rule

So I wanted to post something for sale here. I patiently waited until I hit the 25 post requirement and then tried to post, but I was unable to. What I did was message a mod, explained what my issue was and asked if there was something that could be done. He said that the limit had been increased to 50 but that the instructions hadn't been updated. He also then made an exception and granted me permission early.

The moral of the story is this:

I followed the guidelines and when there was a need beyond those guidelines, I politely asked a moderator for assistance, which was given in less than 24 hours. I understand frustration, but people are a lot more inclined to 1) help those that help themselves and 2) respond favoriably when issues are brought up in an appropriate way to the appropriate people.

You may have gained some sympathy from people about your plight - but you failed to gain any resolution.

God speed in your jeep-free journeys.

HJSteve

Reaction score
Rules as far as posting something for sale are set for a reason
Many years ago on all Jeep forums ( and others ) people would pop on and post something for sale and then on 20 other sites and never heard from again.
Left many people wanting to buy but original poster never came back to say things were sold etc.
I was even stung twice in the early days of buying something with someone only having a few posts, never to receive what I paid for!

Not sure how guarantee that you wouldn't get what you pay for but sorry to hear about that. I guess stick with eBay, Amazon or make sure to get it locally.

Also, I guess that there are good and bad points about all rules, I pointed out the bad, you pointed out the good. Still seems to me that if someone doesn't respond to an ad, it's just not that big of a deal.

I would suggest the following policy.

If there is an ad posted and a member responds to it but doesn't get a reply, the member gives a "thumbs down" and the moderator has the ability to delete the ad so other members don't waste their time.

Just my 2 cents even though it is probably not worth even that much. :)