HIDS in FOGS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rtodd05kj

Reaction score
I have an 05 renegade with the Fog lights that are mounted to the top of the bumper. Has anyone put HIDS in those housing. Before everyone yells about HID use on the road ****This will be strictly for off road/back road use only****

I am also thinking about mounting HID off road lights on the front of the roof rack I am getting. Does anyone have any recommendations for that?
Pictures would be greatly appreciated! **** Also only for off road/back road use*****

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Best thing you can do is to just buy HID/ LED lights and be done with it. I haven't seen any that were converted that worked right unless you spend the big bucks. Then at that point you could of just bought the regular lights
Keep the fogs for on road use and add others

rtodd05kj

Reaction score
Yea, I wasn't going to get the cheap kits I was going to invest into something better.

I wanted to keep the number of lights to a minimum. 2 up top and the stock fogs and regular headlights.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Point is, cheap kit or expensive kit, the reflector in an incandescent fog light housing isn't efficient at directing HID lighting. The location of the HID bulb's hot spot and the difference in intensity are too different from an incandescent bulb for it to work well. Will it be brighter? Sure. Will it be anything close to a proper aftermarket setup like Troy or Tom are suggesting? Not even close.

:)

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, I wasn't going to get the cheap kits I was going to invest into something better.

I wanted to keep the number of lights to a minimum. 2 up top and the stock fogs and regular headlights.
If you want dedicated offroad lights in place of your bumper mounted fogs just take them off and replace them with those in the link below.They will out perform any HID and cost less then high quality HID offroad lights and last 50 times longer then HID bulbs and draw less amps.

Light Cannon LED Lights by Vision X. Best prices, free lenses

You must be registered for see images