Help ID this Rivet on the Rear Passenger Door Flare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OxLibertySport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever had to remove/replace the flare portion on the rear passenger door (2004 Liberty)?

It's attached to the door mostly like all the rest of the flares ... with the nylon rivets & the plastic clips. EXCEPT for this one friggin aluminum rivet near the upper/outer edge.

I can't find this rivet on any part diagram (I have access to the Chrysler parts system too). It's an all aluminum "black" rivet that has a 9/16" domed flange/head & the shank is about 3/16" in diameter. There's a "T" stamped on the head. The rivet is split & compresses much like the nylon rivets do.

Anybody have any experience with this and/or know where to source this rivet?

(Pictures for illustrative purposes ... see red arrows)

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

OxLibertySport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they/it should be plastic like the rest.
6506007AA is the part #.https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/cwa-6506007aa/overview/
you will need this setter for the plastic rivets Marson KLIK-LOK plastic rivet setter MAR48005 - Read Reviews on Marson #MAR48005

Gyro

In this particular location, it is "not" a nylon rivet ... at-least on the 2002-04's its not (I haven't confirmed on the 2005-07's).

In this location it's an aluminum split rivet with a 9/16" flange. Why the engineers decided to put this one aluminum rivet here I have no idea. I suspect this was a sub-assembly & whoever supplied the part chose & installed the rivet. The nylon rivet "may" work in lieu, but I'm going to go back with the aluminum just to keep it as-built.

Anyway, a search turned up a few other threads with the same question, so I think I'll be able to answer with a part finally.

Mopar will show no part number for this rivet ... the best match I've found is "Auveco Part Number 19516". This crosses to a Ford P/N N804851-S100.

I purchase mine at AutoFastenersandClips.com

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 06 & 07 have all nylon rivets on the back doors.

Gyro

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're called crown rivets. You're welcome

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OxLibertySport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can confirm now that the "Auveco Part Number 19516" (crosses to a Ford P/N N804851-S100) is an "exact match" for this particular rivet (aluminum) in this particular location.

RyanT

Reaction score
Necro I know but thanks for your help, I'm not crazy and that rivet is more trouble than it's worth. Four inch spring lift in back and after months of playing that is for whatever reason THE spot it's going to hit every once in a while, ts just been easier to leave it alone without an easy replacement since even with that borked, the rest of it all holds together nicely. Front ender clips are different story but thanks for asking

This was the only thread I could find about this issue

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Necro I know but thanks for your help, I'm not crazy and that rivet is more trouble than it's worth. Four inch spring lift in back and after months of playing that is for whatever reason THE spot it's going to hit every once in a while, ts just been easier to leave it alone without an easy replacement since even with that borked, the rest of it all holds together nicely. Front ender clips are different story but thanks for asking

This was the only thread I could find about this issue

If you are hitting there then you are not running enough bumpstop and/or wheels are too wide

Latest posts

Members online