Heater Core Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

teaner

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I've done a lot of research on this topic and cannot find answers to the issues I am having.

I have a 2002 Jeep Liberty Limited edition. I lost all heat and performed the following repairs/steps:
1. Flushed heater core in both directions.
2. Flushed coolant system with machine.
3. Cleaned Blend Door of debris and filth.
4. Bleed air using screw.

My heat came back on after completing steps 1 and 2. However, I had nice red hot heat on the passenger side vents but semi luke warm on the driver's side vents. I thought there was possibly some air in the lines and thus performing option 4 would fix my issues but I have the same results.

Can anyone lend some guidance in getting the correct temperature of heat on both the side of the car?

Thank you in advance,
Teaner

Last edited:

teaner

Reaction score
Blend door is fine. Its been cleaned out and is free of any filth.
Edited first post to include that.

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry I do not have the magical answer however...
The HVAC system can get complicated. Combination of electrical & vacuum systems.
Possibly the dealer has a better troubleshooter/diagnostic guide, and the questions above could be possibly answered by a Jeep tech. (known dealer issues listings) if a potential vacuum leak or control issue is responsible.
Luckily my jeep has great heat = on both sides.
To learn more about the system according to the FSM see the "Heating & Air Conditioning" section or # 24.
link: http://www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/2002JeepKJServiceManual.pdf

teaner

Reaction score
Sorry I do not have the magical answer however...
The HVAC system can get complicated. Combination of electrical & vacuum systems.
Possibly the dealer has a better troubleshooter/diagnostic guide, and the questions above could be possibly answered by a Jeep tech. (known dealer issues listings) if a potential vacuum leak or control issue is responsible.
Luckily my jeep has great heat = on both sides.
To learn more about the system according to the FSM see the "Heating & Air Conditioning" section or # 24.
link: http://www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/2002JeepKJServiceManual.pdf

you clearly do not know what you're talking about lol. But thank you for your post.
No Vacuum leaks or control issues.

Kaden

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It might be possible that your heater core is still partially clogged. Mine was even after back flushing it 4 times. All I did was pour white vinegar into it and let it sit over night and boy you would not believe the amount of crude that came out. Now I have to turn the heat down half way to even sit in my jeep.

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I have to turn the heat down half way to even sit in my jeep.

One thing I have to say about my Libby is that I rarely turn my heating system on, as she seems to heat the cabin all on her own.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
IDK but some many never understand the complexities or even how to...
You must be registered for see images attach

:gr_grin:

teaner

Reaction score
IDK but some many never understand the complexities or even how to...

:gr_grin:

Relax dude my friend is certified Mechanic for GM. He doesnt know Jeeps very well but we are very well aware of the FSM procedures. Hence why I am posting here as none of those steps fixed my concern.
But hey thanks for posting letting me know your heat works great. :signs75:

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy is a master mechanic , and my uncle is an elite blackwater mercenary and my dad owns his business and I know everything.
But hey.
How do you “blend” your heat evenly across the front your cabin in the jeep?

teaner

Reaction score
My buddy is a master mechanic , and my uncle is an elite blackwater mercenary and my dad owns his business and I know everything.
But hey.
How do you “blend” your heat evenly across the front your cabin in the jeep?

you guys are sooo sooo helpful!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
For someone new on here, I'm reading through trying to figure out if you are legit, a troll, or just a smart*** youngun ?
Started out fine then you go into telling long time members that they basically don't know what they are talking about when they offered advise .
So some of the answers provided are just responding to your remarks .
But fun reading anyways :happy175:

Now as far as having heat on one side and not the other, flushing rad and heater core would not help that at all, that is a internal issue with blend door or something right there in the dash
Now of course I'm sure to you I don't know anything either so I'll leave to to your research

Last edited:

teaner

Reaction score
1. I'm probably older then you.
2. I've been here for a few years, just lack of posts.
3. What is with this trolling comment?

LibertyTC's post I did not care for one bit so he thus got my nasty side in return. Telling me his heat works great, congrats to you! Sending me FSM's. Anyone knows about FSM's, that is the first step in repairing any car. If you dont have anything helpful to post, dont post. Its that simple!

Thank you for your positive comments on my actual issue. We have looked into the Blend Door and that is clear and fine. What else internal could be the issue? All lines and vacuum lines are in proper working order.

Latest posts

Members online