Go Back   Jeep Liberty Forum - JeepKJ Country > Jeep Liberty - KJ (02 to 07) > KJ General Discussion



KJ General Discussion

Headlights


This is a discussion on Headlights within the KJ General Discussion forums, part of the Jeep Liberty - KJ (02 to 07) category!
Does anyone know of aftermarket headlights for an 03? Will the wrangler ones fit without having to do any additional ...

General discussion forum for KJ Liberty's


Like Tree15Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2018, 10:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member

 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Florida
Posts: 5
Default Headlights

Does anyone know of aftermarket headlights for an 03? Will the wrangler ones fit without having to do any additional mounts or anything like that? If you know of aftermarkets for the KJ please let me know.
the_03KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
 
jeeplib05's Avatar
Supporting Member

 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 920
Default

The search bar is your bestfriend when you have questions!
Had to give you a hard time.. anyhow- no there are zero aftermarket headlights for the KJ
Wrangler headlights are 7” wide and ours are about 7.25” or so, also ours have a different shape than the perfectly round Wrangler ones so there’s no adapter or anything to make them work
Some have tried putting cheap Chinese 7” LED headlights inside of the KJs housing but other than that you’re stuck with stock
I recently converted from HID bulbs to LED and I feel much better with my light output and not blinding people.. just don’t go cheap with whatever option you choose
the_03KJ likes this.
__________________
'05 KJ 3.7l
OME/Bilstein 3.25" Lift
AirLift1000, Bull Bar, HIDs, 2 Light Bars
31x10.5 Goodyear Authority's on TM5s, 20% Tint, Super 44
jeeplib05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 02:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
 
Tog's Avatar
Tog
Member

 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: AU
Age: 43
Posts: 333
Default

Originally Posted by jeeplib05 View Post
The search bar is your bestfriend when you have questions!
Had to give you a hard time.. anyhow- no there are zero aftermarket headlights for the KJ
Wrangler headlights are 7” wide and ours are about 7.25” or so, also ours have a different shape than the perfectly round Wrangler ones so there’s no adapter or anything to make them work
Some have tried putting cheap Chinese 7” LED headlights inside of the KJs housing but other than that you’re stuck with stock
I recently converted from HID bulbs to LED and I feel much better with my light output and not blinding people.. just don’t go cheap with whatever option you choose
do you have a link for the led bulbs

2004 3.7 limited
Kj/toy likes this.
__________________
2004 limited 3.7
Tog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
 
jeeplib05's Avatar
Supporting Member

 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 920
Default

Originally Posted by Tog View Post
do you have a link for the led bulbs

2004 3.7 limited
https://www.amazon.com/Cougar-Motor-...pop_d_pd_title

The only reason I got these to try out was the price and they have almost 4,000 reviews with 4.5/5 so I figured they couldn’t be too bad. Light output could be better with the proper housing (projector) but I like the fact that they’re bright and I still don’t have to worry about blinding people anymore.
Aztimer2 likes this.
__________________
'05 KJ 3.7l
OME/Bilstein 3.25" Lift
AirLift1000, Bull Bar, HIDs, 2 Light Bars
31x10.5 Goodyear Authority's on TM5s, 20% Tint, Super 44
jeeplib05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member

 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,019
Default

Originally Posted by Tog View Post
do you have a link for the led bulbs

2004 3.7 limited
Just a heads up, since I see your in Australia.. check local laws and regulations on modifying OE headlights. What JeepLib05 did to his is totally doable in the US, but technically violates federal rules (laws?) about vehicle lighting... not that anyone ever gets prosecuted for it, but some of our States have inspections and would fail a vehicle for having such a modification.

AU might have something similar, maybe not.. up to you to figure that out.
JasonJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member

 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: PA
Age: 30
Posts: 91
Default

i had a hid retrofit done in mine and love them but like JasonJ said not sure if you would catch crap where you live. i have seen some others adapt aftermarket wrangler led lights into a liberty housing.
Akley88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 01:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member

 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bullhead City, Az.
Posts: 133
Default

Originally Posted by jeeplib05 View Post
https://www.amazon.com/Cougar-Motor-...pop_d_pd_title

The only reason I got these to try out was the price and they have almost 4,000 reviews with 4.5/5 so I figured they couldn’t be too bad. Light output could be better with the proper housing (projector) but I like the fact that they’re bright and I still don’t have to worry about blinding people anymore.
Did you need anything to adapt or?? or is it just the replacement bulbs needed?

Jim
__________________
04 2.5" OME/Bilstein/Puck/Etc. Lift, Hankook 245/70/16's, Steel Diff Cover, Engine, Tranny & Trans Skids......
sleepyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
 
jeeplib05's Avatar
Supporting Member

 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 920
Default

Originally Posted by sleepyjim View Post
Did you need anything to adapt or?? or is it just the replacement bulbs needed?

Jim
Nothing needed but the bulbs. The bulbs have a fan on the back to keep them cool because they're so bright, so I had to cut the locking ring to get it around the base of the fan as it's too big if you don't.
They work pretty good for being in a halogen housing- much better than halogen bulbs and more controlled light than HIDs
It's much nicer for me because my HIDs didn't have high beams (reason for my light bars) so I finally have those back after 3 years! Like I mentioned though, in a projector housing these would be incredible.
__________________
'05 KJ 3.7l
OME/Bilstein 3.25" Lift
AirLift1000, Bull Bar, HIDs, 2 Light Bars
31x10.5 Goodyear Authority's on TM5s, 20% Tint, Super 44
jeeplib05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
 
GitEmSteveDave's Avatar
Member

 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Howell
Age: 41
Posts: 86
Default

Originally Posted by jeeplib05 View Post
https://www.amazon.com/Cougar-Motor-...pop_d_pd_title

The only reason I got these to try out was the price and they have almost 4,000 reviews with 4.5/5 so I figured they couldn’t be too bad. Light output could be better with the proper housing (projector) but I like the fact that they’re bright and I still don’t have to worry about blinding people anymore.
Is there any problem with the fan being on the outside of the body? What if the fans fail, do the bulbs still work?
GitEmSteveDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 04:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
 
tjkj2002's Avatar
Member

 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Somewhere between being sane and insane!
Posts: 10,643
Default

Originally Posted by GitEmSteveDave View Post
Is there any problem with the fan being on the outside of the body? What if the fans fail, do the bulbs still work?
They won't for long.
tjkj2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




GM Truck Forum
Ford Raptor Forum
Chevy Tahoe Forum
Chevy Cobalt Forum
Chevy Camaro Forum
Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Ford Truck Forum
88-98 GM Truck Forum
73-87 Gm Truck Forum
Ford Expedition Forum
Chevy Equinox Forum
Chevy Cruze Forum
Dodge Ram Forum
Jeep Forum
Dodge Ram SRT10 Forum
Chrysler 200 Forum
Scion xD Forum
Scion xB Forum
Dodge Challenger Forum
SRT Forum
Nissan Titan Forum
Buick Enclave Forum
Cadillac Forum
Cadillac XTS Forum