grease fittings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nosliw

Reaction score
how many zerks are there on my kj? also where are they?

it's an 02...... 3.7V6 gasser and an auto if that matters.

thanks

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunally there are none. All the sealed units.

nosliw

Reaction score
#-o good job jeep!

what do i do about this "clunk" in my front end? just about the only time i can consistently recreate it is when going over speed bumps.......

thanks for any help you can give me

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clunk

nosliw said:
#-o good job jeep!

what do i do about this "clunk" in my front end? just about the only time i can consistently recreate it is when going over speed bumps.......

Might be the rubber isolator mounts for the anti-sway bar(s) are drying out, the front and rear will do it when it gets cold too. For a cheap fix, try spraying the rubber with a clear silicon spray like my 5 star mechanic used to do for 8 years on my Jeep Cherokee on all the under body rubber mounts, it never squeaked, clunked or thunked from the suspension anyway.

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nosliw said:
#-o good job jeep!

Could be your sway, but could also be your lower ball joints. I would give them both a check. How many miles on your KJ?

nosliw

Reaction score
~31K

i'll give that silicone spray a try tomorrow.

anyone else?

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you check the lower ball joints

Place a floor jack under the lower control arm and jack the tire up about 3 in. off the ground.

Be very careful but place a pry bar of 2X4 under the tire.

Lift up and see if you feel any bump in the ball joint but also watch the ball joint. if you see any movement in the lower ball joint it should be replaces ASAP.

If it fails it will do a lot of damage but if it fails while going down the hwy or at any speed this could be a very serious problem.

If you have over 30k I would check them. There are no greese fitting on these, they are sealed for life and life seems to be about 30-40k.

I don't think silicon will fix a clunk, maybe a squeak but not a clunk.

nosliw

Reaction score
ended up being dry swaybar bushings. little axle grease and poof... problem gone.

thanks guys.

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clunky

nosliw said:
ended up being dry swaybar bushings. little axle grease and poof... problem gone.

thanks guys.

Glad that's all it was. If you can get a cheap oil change at local 5 star they should be doing that as well as the all door hinges, tailgate hinges, hood latch and hinges etc etc. Anything that requires lube. Plus they will pickup anything else that may need attention.

Members online

No members online now.