Gear Shift Bulb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nooby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TonyCRD
From my '02 parts manual:

MS820083 BULB, 14V 1.4W, Shift Bezel

seems to be the dealer part from searching

anyone put after market LED in and do you have the part number place you bought it,

if I have to take the console out to replace I rather not have to do it again,

thanks

Nooby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's a real joy to install a new bulb for the shifter!

I just ordered this little toy for our Rig.
You must be registered for see images attach

http://cldspecialties.com/
I know it say's that it's only for a TJ but
I've been talking with the owner and we
are going to make it work!

That is pretty cool, but a bit more then I was wanting to spend,

any other insite on a replacement bulb to buy, thanks

GJJ

Reaction score
I had the same issue with the burnt out light bulb local stealer ship said I had to buy a whole new shifter unit like that was going to happen. You can get a Non LED at Advanced Auto, I got a Sylvania 74LL 14v, 1.4W bulb I have not found a LED as of yet for it. The non LED works for the most part, the base seems to be a tad loose in the socket so if I hit a large pothole it will comes lose and I have to re-seat the bulb but 98% of the time it works just fine.

Last edited:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue with the burnt out light bulb local stealer ship said I had to buy a whole new shifter unit like that was going to happen. You can get a Non LED at Advanced Auto, I got a Sylvania 74LL 14v, 1.4W bulb I have not found a LED as of yet for it. The non LED works for the most part, the base seems to be a tad loose in the socket so if I hit a large pothole it will comes lose and I have to re-seat the bulb but 98% of the time it works just fine.
The 74LL does not fit in the center console(it's to tall),been there done that and the customer had to wait 4 days for the one from the dealer at 10 times the cost.

GJJ

Reaction score
The 74LL does not fit in the center console(it's to tall),been there done that and the customer had to wait 4 days for the one from the dealer at 10 times the cost.

Ohh so you can get it threw a dealer.... Like I said I tried that route first basically got told nope can't order just a bulb have to order the whole assembly. I am not surprised It's not a perfect fit but it's better then no light at all.. So Nooby if ya find a place that has a LED that works/fits please let me know, would love to put one in as well, but for the time being the 74LL stays in as it's serving it's purpose.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ohh so you can get it threw a dealer.... Like I said I tried that route first basically got told nope can't order just a bulb have to order the whole assembly. I am not surprised It's not a perfect fit but it's better then no light at all.. So Nooby if ya find a place that has a LED that works/fits please let me know, would love to put one in as well, but for the time being the 74LL stays in as it's serving it's purpose.
The OEM bulb # is S14V

jamesdart

Reaction score
my bulb was s12v i took it to napa, guy gave me #74 for like 2 bucks. put it back in and it worked fine.

jpurdy

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my 06 liberty. I ordered a replacement part today from MOUSER.com P/N: 560-E74
we will see how it works out.

Members online

No members online now.