Go Back   Jeep Liberty Forum - JeepKJ Country > Jeep Liberty - KJ (02 to 07) > KJ General Discussion

Register to remove these ads.



KJ General Discussion

Gear Shift Bulb


This is a discussion on Gear Shift Bulb within the KJ General Discussion forums, part of the Jeep Liberty - KJ (02 to 07) category!
Register to remove these ads. It's free! Originally Posted by TonyCRD From my '02 parts manual: MS820083 BULB, 14V 1.4W, ...

General discussion forum for KJ Liberty's


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2011, 11:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
 
Nooby's Avatar
Member

 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 181
Default Gear Shift Bulb


Register to remove these ads. It's free!
Originally Posted by TonyCRD
From my '02 parts manual:

MS820083 BULB, 14V 1.4W, Shift Bezel

seems to be the dealer part from searching



anyone put after market LED in and do you have the part number place you bought it,

if I have to take the console out to replace I rather not have to do it again,

thanks
__________________
2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT v6 3.8L
2002 Jeep Liberty Renegade v6 3.7L
-----2000 Dodge Avenger, 1991 Eagle Talon, 1989 Dodge Dakota----

Mods
----
Added Evic
Added backup lights
----
Nooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Slightly North of the 49 th. Parallel... In HongCouver
Age: 51
Posts: 9,311
Default

Yeah, it's a real joy to install a new bulb for the shifter!

I just ordered this little toy for our Rig.

http://cldspecialties.com/
I know it say's that it's only for a TJ but
I've been talking with the owner and we
are going to make it work!
Ry' N Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
 
Nooby's Avatar
Member

 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 181
Default

Originally Posted by Ry' N Jen View Post
Yeah, it's a real joy to install a new bulb for the shifter!

I just ordered this little toy for our Rig.

http://cldspecialties.com/
I know it say's that it's only for a TJ but
I've been talking with the owner and we
are going to make it work!
That is pretty cool, but a bit more then I was wanting to spend,

any other insite on a replacement bulb to buy, thanks
__________________
2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT v6 3.8L
2002 Jeep Liberty Renegade v6 3.7L
-----2000 Dodge Avenger, 1991 Eagle Talon, 1989 Dodge Dakota----

Mods
----
Added Evic
Added backup lights
----
Nooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
 
GJJ's Avatar
GJJ
Member

 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Age: 33
Posts: 11
Default

I had the same issue with the burnt out light bulb local stealer ship said I had to buy a whole new shifter unit like that was going to happen. You can get a Non LED at Advanced Auto, I got a Sylvania 74LL 14v, 1.4W bulb I have not found a LED as of yet for it. The non LED works for the most part, the base seems to be a tad loose in the socket so if I hit a large pothole it will comes lose and I have to re-seat the bulb but 98% of the time it works just fine.

Last edited by GJJ; 10-23-2011 at 07:39 PM.
GJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
 
tjkj2002's Avatar
Member

 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Somewhere between being sane and insane!
Posts: 10,147
Default

Originally Posted by GJJ View Post
I had the same issue with the burnt out light bulb local stealer ship said I had to buy a whole new shifter unit like that was going to happen. You can get a Non LED at Advanced Auto, I got a Sylvania 74LL 14v, 1.4W bulb I have not found a LED as of yet for it. The non LED works for the most part, the base seems to be a tad loose in the socket so if I hit a large pothole it will comes lose and I have to re-seat the bulb but 98% of the time it works just fine.
The 74LL does not fit in the center console(it's to tall),been there done that and the customer had to wait 4 days for the one from the dealer at 10 times the cost.
tjkj2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
 
GJJ's Avatar
GJJ
Member

 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Age: 33
Posts: 11
Default

Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post
The 74LL does not fit in the center console(it's to tall),been there done that and the customer had to wait 4 days for the one from the dealer at 10 times the cost.
Ohh so you can get it threw a dealer.... Like I said I tried that route first basically got told nope can't order just a bulb have to order the whole assembly. I am not surprised It's not a perfect fit but it's better then no light at all.. So Nooby if ya find a place that has a LED that works/fits please let me know, would love to put one in as well, but for the time being the 74LL stays in as it's serving it's purpose.
GJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
 
tjkj2002's Avatar
Member

 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Somewhere between being sane and insane!
Posts: 10,147
Default

Originally Posted by GJJ View Post
Ohh so you can get it threw a dealer.... Like I said I tried that route first basically got told nope can't order just a bulb have to order the whole assembly. I am not surprised It's not a perfect fit but it's better then no light at all.. So Nooby if ya find a place that has a LED that works/fits please let me know, would love to put one in as well, but for the time being the 74LL stays in as it's serving it's purpose.
The OEM bulb # is S14V
tjkj2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
 
gtommec's Avatar
Member

 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Norfolk, VA / Carova Beach, NC
Age: 36
Posts: 551
Default

Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post
The OEM bulb # is S14V
Go to NAPA give them this number (S14V) and get your new lamp, viola! That is what I did!
__________________

Current Jeeps:
2003 KJ Limited, 2004 KJ Sport, 1977 CJ-5 Renegade
Jeeps I no longer have:
2002 KJ Renegade, 2002 KJ Sport 2WD,2002 KJ Sport, 2000 XJ 2WD, 1998 ZJ Laredo, 1996 XJ Country, 1990 YJ, 1991 SJ Grand Wagoneer, 1979 SJ Wagoneer
Projects I am looking for:
1996-2001 XJ, 1980-1988 AMC Eagle Wagon
gtommec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member

 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: nj
Age: 37
Posts: 5
Default

my bulb was s12v i took it to napa, guy gave me #74 for like 2 bucks. put it back in and it worked fine.
jamesdart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
 
ChiefRudy's Avatar
Member

 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Pittston, Pa
Age: 30
Posts: 775
Default


Register to remove these ads. It's free!
Originally Posted by jamesdart View Post
my bulb was s12v i took it to napa, guy gave me #74 for like 2 bucks. put it back in and it worked fine.
I did the same except I went Advance Auto. Had it swapped out in 10 minutes.
__________________
06 Jeep Liberty Sport
-----------------------------------------------
Hella 500FF's W/black Grille Covers
Putnam Class 3 5000lbs Hitch - OEM Front Tow Hooks
Ventvisor In-channel Window Visors
Sirius Radio - Driver Side Mounted Maglite

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2539200

http://www.myjeepspace.com/ChiefRudy
ChiefRudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




GM Truck Forum
Ford Raptor Forum
Chevy Tahoe Forum
Chevy Cobalt Forum
Chevy Camaro Forum
Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Ford Truck Forum
88-98 GM Truck Forum
73-87 Gm Truck Forum
Ford Expedition Forum
Chevy Equinox Forum
Chevy Cruze Forum
Dodge Ram Forum
Jeep Forum
Dodge Ram SRT10 Forum
Chrysler 200 Forum
Scion xD Forum
Scion xB Forum
Dodge Challenger Forum
SRT Forum
Nissan Titan Forum
Buick Enclave Forum
Cadillac Forum
Cadillac XTS Forum