Funky heater?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

angelis_digital

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that it's cold enough, I've been running with the heater on in the mornings. It blows cold when I'm at a standstill and warms up when I'm in motion. WTH?

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And make sure to purge any and all air from the system, or you may have the same problem once you've solved the low coolant issue.

kejobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a hole in the radiator. Anything I should know about radiators before I buy one?

Get one from the dealer or you will be replacing it twice. Seriously.

From what I've seen on here, this is true.

The cooling system runs at 16 psi.

From what I've gathered, the aftermarkets can only handle 14 psi. Therefore they crack fairly quickly. Whether this is true or the reason, I don't know, it's just what I've seen on here and LostJeeps.

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have 2 choices both about the same cost by a dealer radiator or replace the radiator with an all aluminum radiator sold on ebay.

angelis_digital

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The shop I work in has accounts with the dealers in the area. We work on all makes and models. I should be able to save some money over what my mechanic is telling me it'll cost. I'll put it in a jar and wait till it adds up to some nice black wheels...

CopterDr

Reaction score
Hi Folks.....my "02 Limited's heater is barely getting warm....temp gauge is dead center and she has no coolant smell or wanting to overheat....just not getting heat. Hope you can advise me. I can change the direction of the air flow ok....floor, top, both, etc. so I hope it isn't the diverter mech.

Thanks

Last edited:

Logan Savage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 02 heater would barely blow warm & ac would barely blow cold , faulty blend door actuator .

Latest posts

Members online