Fuel Pumps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktmrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been thru a couple in a year and now I'm starting to have to restart the engine a couple of times to get enough fuel pressure to run. The OEM Bosch is no longer available. Looks like there are only a couple of different companies making most of the available pumps. Anyone else have FP issues? I have found the inline fuel filter not listed on anyone's parts breakdown and replaced it also.

Jeremy-WI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put an AC Delco or Delphi in mine last year when I dropped the tank to fix the problem with it spitting out fuel when filling the tank

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious to know if one is much better than the next.

Jeremy, Will replacing the fuel pump assembly fix the fuel spitting out issue?

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. I bought that GM part and then cracked the plastic with the razor knife cutting it out....despite knowing to be careful. Colorful language followed as I am not a fan of wasting money in such a blatant manner...I prefer less obvious ways. I was wondering if(hoping) there was another fix I didn't read about.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Jeremy-WI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

That piece is the problem on the 2006 and the weld pad is permanently connected to the plastic tank. The poppet is supposed to be able to slide back and forth freely but mine was stuck open. I gave up on trying to fix it before I broke something

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it. I appreciate the explanation as I have been wondering what the exact issue is.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk