Front Runner Roof Rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheRealG

Reaction score
Hello new friends! I recently became the owner of a 2003 KJ Sport in great shape, and I love it. I have been looking at just about everything, everywhere, and I am a bit overwhelmed. I'm currently looking at roof rack options and I am not seeing many. I really like the look of the FrontRunner Slimline 2, but I'm not digging the $1125 price tag! I have a friend who is an fantastic welder, and for probably the cost of materials plus a little extra can fab something sweet up for me. Looking at the front runner site, it looks like I can get the roof attached rail, and all 6 feet for about $350 shipped, which is pricey but not too bad IMO. Does anyone have any experience with this rack? I've done the google search with no luck. I wanted to see if there were any thoughts on the set-up, or if anyone had experience with other racks/rails. I definitely want something lo-pro and not super heavy. Not looking to add a RTT or carry anything crazy heavy, it's more for big/awkward things and SUPs or canoes. Any help would be appreciated!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Super easy to build the feet,roof rail, not $350 worth just for them.
If he can weld at all should be able to do that in a few minutes

drewwenmoth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have him build it. 350 is a little high, i bought all the steel and welding wire and paint for under $120, and about 12 hours work (in different periods between actual work).
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheRealG

Reaction score
Drewwenmoth, that rack looks amazing! Is it adjustable at all or is it only the one height? My biggest concern is figuring out the angles for the actual roof mounts. do you have any kind of sealer between the rack and the roof? I've never designed a rack to this extent before so I really don't know what I'm doing. Any info/pics you can share would be awesome!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Somewhere on here or LOSTJEEPs are pictures of both of the Rock Lizard racks I had on the 04 . Second one I had was a flat rack
As far as the feet pretty simple, metal piece angle to fit the roof and up however high you want the rack to be. Cardboard and tape is your friend to make patterns

Latest posts

Members online