Exhaust donut Leaks 2002 Liberty 3.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vals4x4

Reaction score
Hello! can somebody please help me find the part numbers & share some info on what I need to replace the leaky donuts on my exhaust?

2002 Liberty Unlimited 3.7l 150k miles.

Looks like its leaking between the cat & the resonator. Im looking for a quick fix so I can pass NYS Emissions/safety test.

Could the clamp be loose? Do I need to change clamps as well or are they reusable?

are the aftermarket exhaust parts good to use?

thanks. Valery

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm. I just replaced the Y pipe that has the 3rd catalytic converter on it.
The 2 donut gaskets I used was for the left and right side where it attaches to the downpipes The end of the y pipe attached to the muffler. The clamp was welded to the pipe. There was a smaller donut gasket there.
You will know the diffence because the front 2 are double the size of the rear one if not larger
I think fel pro calls it 5019149AA

Vals4x4

Reaction score
the mopar parts sites only lists the manifold gaskets parts numbers

still searching...

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use rock auto or Advance auto. I was able to get all 3 of mine from them. Chances are they will give you the smaller ones because their system lists the small ones for front and rear. Which really screwed me up when I got back home.

Vals4x4

Reaction score
Hmm. I just replaced the Y pipe that has the 3rd catalytic converter on it.
The 2 donut gaskets I used was for the left and right side where it attaches to the downpipes The end of the y pipe attached to the muffler. The clamp was welded to the pipe. There was a smaller donut gasket there.
You will know the diffence because the front 2 are double the size of the rear one if not larger
I think fel pro calls it 5019149AA
TOO many choices online! I guess there were many different setups for 2002.

I guess Ill have to take them out and then match them up.

there is a really large one listed. Is that the one you said I need for the top?

Vals4x4

Reaction score
HELP -I need a patch product!

crawled under to have another look!

woops! the gasket is still holding pressure but the Cat exit pipe has the leak!

looks like someone once tested the pressure by making holes in the pipe then welded them up. One hole -the hardest one to weld on the bend near the flange is open again!

so I'll need to patch that up for the NYS Inspection. (replacement parts will be ordered later)

does anybody have a good exhaust patch to recommend??

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends. If you want to get by for cheap
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...VmI-zCh3VDAM4EAQYASABEgLTrPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Or have a muffler shop weld it up

I’ve used this tape to get me by until my new exhaust came in
It held up through a mud bog last summer and never came off
Just make sure you follow instructions

IMHO a cheap fix is just that... you usually get what you pay for even if it’s just until you can afford a proper fix or replacement

Vals4x4

Reaction score
Depends. If you want to get by for cheap
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...VmI-zCh3VDAM4EAQYASABEgLTrPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Or have a muffler shop weld it up

I’ve used this tape to get me by until my new exhaust came in
It held up through a mud bog last summer and never came off
Just make sure you follow instructions

IMHO a cheap fix is just that... you usually get what you pay for even if it’s just until you can afford a proper fix or replacement

MUFFLER shops around here might cost as much as a new converter!

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can also give JBWeld a try or the exhaust wrap listed above. Just whatever it says for the cure time (typically 24 hours) make sure you wait until its 100%. I also wouldn't expect it to hold more than a day or two so I would get it inspected right away after the cure period is over.

Vals4x4

Reaction score
You can also give JBWeld a try or the exhaust wrap listed above. Just whatever it says for the cure time (typically 24 hours) make sure you wait until its 100%. I also wouldn't expect it to hold more than a day or two so I would get it inspected right away after the cure period is over.

thanks ill try Extreme Heat one -even though I know this hole is in a really hot place to make a patch!

but it just has to last for the inspection and then I can see which catalytic converter i should buy

Last edited:

J33Pfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
upper catalytic converter gasket part numbers:

Crown 5019149AA
EASTERN EXHAUST EE8435
AP Exhaust Products 8435

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.