Electric Fan Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jancet

Reaction score
Hi, I am new on this forum.

I own a 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited and the electric fan turns on about at 219F and turns off around 213F. So far, everything is fine and normal as expected.

The problem is that after 3 or 4 on/off cycles, the fan stays on all the time and the temperature drops to 186F.
If I turn off the engine and wait for around 30 minutes and turn on the truck again, the problem dissapear and the fan starts to turn on and off normally 3 or 4 times and after that the fan stays on once again.

I have to mention that the fan wires become too hot in order you can't touch it. I have replaced the fan relay located near the battery and also the ECT. I don't know what else I need to check/replace. Has anybody experienced this problem? thanks for your time to read these lines and provide any guide.

I am using Prestone "ready to use" coolant product.

Regards

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am using Prestone "ready to use" coolant product.

That is a major issue right there,HOAT coolant only not OAT coolant that prestone makes.

Besides that the fan operation is 100% normal but might want to check how many amps the fan is pulling since the wires should not be so hot you can not touch them,they will get hot(come on it's inside the engine bay and has 20-30 amps running through it they will get warm).

The connector for the fan is a issue,to small for the amp loads if it gets any type of corrosion in it and of course the older the fan the more worn the brushes are.All aftermarket cooling fans are crap and the OE fans are extremely hard to come by but worth every penny when you find one.