Does anyone have the pinouts for the PCM 2006 Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daves06lrenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ref: 2006 Jeep Liberty Renegade

I have been searching through the Jeep liberty service manual and also found the electrical (wiring) portion separate from the service manual on ScribD...

It looks like the TCM is located within the PCM on the GAS engine versions... I have found the Black/Black and the Black/Green connector pinouts but I can't locate the other two...

I specifically need the pinouts for the Transmission Control functions....

Anyone know where I can find these two connector pinouts?

Any help would be appreciated...
Dave

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try the 2006 KJ Service Manual here, may be better than your copy?...seems to me they show the 4 plugs but only state that C4 Black/Green is for the 3.7 A/T? No comments regarding the other plugs as to which model they are for!

I will look through the actual wiring pages to see what is going on!

Index of /manuals/Jeep/KJ

Edit to add: Looking at the wiring, 8W-8-0-78 it seems that C4 Black/Green is the only connector involved with the automatic transmission...which is why they specifically state 3.7 Auto!

Last edited:

daves06lrenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for taking the time to do some research...
It seams I have a "wiring" PDF (8W-) for your diesel engines and not the gas version...
If the connector C4 (Black/Green) is actually for the gas version transmission control you may have helped me locate where the wiring harness from the transmission goes to....
The fire was located on the left side (sitting in the cab) of the transmission and destroyed the insulation on the wires.... The main engine/****** harness runs behind the engine and is nearly impossible to gain access to without dropping the eng/tran... I'm trying to locate the other end of the harness and rewire the damaged circuitry there....

Again thanks for what info you could supply...Now if the weather would just settle down here (Ohio, USA) :)
Dave

daves06lrenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank You to all who answered my request...
04Liberty your link to the 2005 Jeep KJ was what I needed...
After plugging away with this PDF I was able to locate the wiring information and the color codes and was able to identify the C1/C2//C3/C4 locations and colors for the PCM...
With the exceptions of the backup light and the ground wire in the harness the rest all end up at pins on the PCM... so with some wire extensions and clipping the original wires at the sockets I can bypass the burned wires that are shorted together... I'll just clip them off under the center tunnel...

Again Thanks
Dave