Does air con run full time, always clicks.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atvuornf

Reaction score
As soon as I start my car and the engine fires up I head an immediate click of the air con compressor clutch even though it's not turned on. If I look down it's engaged.

Should this be so or do I have a stuck relay/switch?

rjkj2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As soon as I start my car and the engine fires up I head an immediate click of the air con compressor clutch even though it's not turned on. If I look down it's engaged.

Should this be so or do I have a stuck relay/switch?
Yes. Except on recycle and fresh air vent. Untill you push the AC switch. It runs on blend(vent and floor) heat and defrost. This is so it can take out moisture from the cabin. And yes it will cycle when you first start the vehicle to test the system.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

atvuornf

Reaction score
Thanks, the more research I do seems to confirm that the compressor does indeed run when you don't want it to. There is no override, it's all pre-programmed.

The only good thing is that my system is how it's meant to be.

adamkrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it applies to 2005 + years, My 04 does not cycle. Only in defrost or a/c mode..

Last edited:

Jeremy-WI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled the relay on mine, hate that luke warm air for defrosting the windshield

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can take the hvac controls apart and fix this. Ive got the 05+ hvac controls in my 04 and the only time the a/c runs is in pure defrost or when I turn it on.

Otherwise it will run in the floor position, mixed floor/defrost, and defrost modes. Huge waste....

Members online

No members online now.