Go Back   Jeep Liberty Forum - JeepKJ Country > Jeep Liberty - KJ (02 to 07) > KJ General Discussion

Register to remove these ads.

KJ General Discussion

Disable the Tire pressure light and chime?

This is a discussion on Disable the Tire pressure light and chime? within the KJ General Discussion forums, part of the Jeep Liberty - KJ (02 to 07) category!
Register to remove these ads. It's free! I've been searching all over the net for a way to disable the ...

General discussion forum for KJ Liberty's

Like Tree1Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2009, 10:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question Disable the Tire pressure light and chime?

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
I've been searching all over the net for a way to disable the tire pressure sensors on my 04 Liberty. I got new tires about a year ago, never knowing the jeep had TPMS and after about a year, the light and chime begin. I did install an EVIC overhead about 6 months ago and never trained the senors since I didn't think I had them on there. I find out now that my tires don't even have the sensors on them yet my light and chime continue. I saw the AEV ProCal (used for the JK to reprogram for different tire sizes and different pressure for offroad). They say the AEV ProCal can reset the minimum tire pressure to zero and turn off the TPMS. They only mention the JK, does anyone if this can be used on the Liberty to reset the pressure to zero?
Old 05-08-2009, 12:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

The sensors are part of the valve stem, inside the rim, not part of the tire. I don't see why they would need anything done, if you got new tires, and filled them up properly... They should not have to be reset... So, if you just got new tires, then no problem, BUT, if you got rims too? Yeah, you need the sensors from the other rims...
Old 05-08-2009, 01:13 AM   #3 (permalink)

As far as I know there is not way to turning that off if the Evic is programmed for it.

Not sure if a dealer can turn that off or not but Ive yet to read of someone having it turned off. Lots of people complain about it though.
-OME/Rustys Lift
-Powertrax No-slip
-Flowmaster 50 Series SUV
-245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS
Jeepsters Gallery
Old 05-08-2009, 02:06 AM   #4 (permalink)

Originally Posted by JeepJeepster View Post
As far as I know there is not way to turning that off if the Evic is programmed for it.

Not sure if a dealer can turn that off or not but Ive yet to read of someone having it turned off. Lots of people complain about it though.
Actually I read a TSB about doing that, seem to recall they had a way to do it so that folks who swap regular tires for snow tires in certain areas wouldn't have to put up with the annoyance for months at a time. I'd do a search right now but I've got to be up in six hours for work so I need to get off the computer. Just wanted to mention that it *might* be possible.

Kevin
'03 Flame Red Liberty
"A stick of dynamite to blow out the side of the tomb, scoop the bones aside, you grab the Amulet and you run"
I. Jones
American Journal of Archaeology
Old 05-08-2009, 02:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

You might be OK on your '04, but it is federal law for a vehicle to have TPMS for and vehicle '06 and up. So, I wouln't think that there is an easy way of doing it and I would think that the dealers aren't looking to help anyone out either.

That being said, I wish there was a way. I couldn't get the wheels I wanted because they didn't support my TPMS. I check my tire pressure often. I don't need an idiot light telling me that they are low. I have only had it go off once since I purchased it and that was on the way home from where I purchased it. The spare needed air. Other than that, it has went into fault mode once, reset itself and has kept me from purchasing a good set of wheels. Worthless if you ask me. Stupid/Lazy people do nothing but hinder and restrict everyone else.

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about?

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited - Bright Silver Metallic
Old 05-08-2009, 08:13 PM   #6 (permalink)

Default Would love to find that TSB

If anyone else maybe knows of the TSB to disable the TPMS would be great. This thing is driving me nuts. When I got new tires, it was at a national chain store and they replace the valve stems. Nobody there told me I had senors in there.
I did get one piece of information that the AEV ProCal won't work on the Liberty.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

Gold Supporter/Admin

If there's a fuse, why not pull it??? You'd still get the light though...
96 XJ Country
It's better to have a winch and need it than to not have a winch and not need it
Old 05-08-2009, 08:31 PM   #8 (permalink)

Default TSBs

I think I found the TSBs about the TPMS. They are 0808205, 2200406, and 2200205. Does anyone out have the corrective actions for these?
Old 06-02-2011, 02:31 PM   #9 (permalink)

Sorry to being an old threat up from the dead, but I have a chance to get some wrangler wheels with no tpms capability and was wondering if anyone has come up with any ideas. I dont have an evic, I've got an 06 sport and want these wheels
Old 06-02-2011, 02:33 PM   #10 (permalink)

Gold Supporter/Admin

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
I'm not sure your KJ would even have the senors then...
96 XJ Country
It's better to have a winch and need it than to not have a winch and not need it
Closed Thread