Could some help me ? O2 heater sensor not ready

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whthrse

Reaction score
Does anybody know how to fix these codes. Heater O2 not ready , and evap not ready. I only have a few days to get this resolved for inspection and no one seems to know how to fix this because the check engine light is not on and everything else is ready. Where is the Almighty Oz ?

Royy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about actual codes, or the OBDII emissions monitors? It sounds like you're talking about the monitors.

If this is indeed the case...
- Check if you have any pending codes (you'll need a scanner, when codes are still pending they don't trigger the check engine light)
- Have you recently disconnected the battery, or replaced any of the emissions components? If so, you'll have to complete several drive cycles for the computer to complete its automatic tests and change the status of the monitors.
- Same thing applies if you recently used a scanner to clear any codes.

whthrse

Reaction score
Thanks very much for replying! Yes It's those two monitors that aren't ready. I had auto zone check for codes.engine misfire. That was Saturday. But this has been not ready since February. I can't find the exact drive cycle for the heaters, and I only have two weeks two figure this out. Do you have the drive cycle or a link to it.
Thankyou for your time and help.

Royy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the length/number of drive cycles required for those monitors. BUT, as long as there are pending codes you have other stuff to worry about first.

Find out what's causing your misfires. Depending on what it is, it might be the reason those monitors are not ready.

Also, it seems kinda weird to me that your catalyst monitor apparently is working, when the Heated O2 sensor one is not... As far as I know the Catalyst sensor relies on that one.