Codes P0132 and P0152

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
2003 KJ Liberty, 3.7l Petrol Auto.

Having a few issues with my Liberty at the moment and my mechanic and I haven't been able to solve them.

Rough idle, occasional loss of power when driving, occasional stalling.
First thing done was service the car and replace all filters, second thing done was to replace the old O2 sensors with NGK O2 sensors.
The mechanic did do an injector clean, doesn't seem to have made much of a difference.

Bringing up two codes,

P0132 ; Oxygen sensor input voltage maintained above normal operating range.

And,

P0152 ; Oxygen sensor input voltage sustained above normal operating range.

It is also telling me the car is in PART TIME when I have it in 2WD mode, and with my heater/cooling in the cabin when I turn the dial to 1, 2 and 3 don't turn the heater or aircon on, but going to 4 does turn it on.

Anyone have any ideas?

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will just supply the answer for your third problem....internal Blower Motor only working on position 4 is the resistor module burnt out.

This sits just behind the glove box.....most owners use the Sebring, pre-2005 I think, resistor pack...plugs in perfectly but much more robust construction.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well your "mechanic" is not a mechanic by anymeans,meaning he *****.

Need to be looking at freeze frame data,STFT and LTFT's along with the O2 readings at the same instances that caused the codes to set(via Freeze frame data) and you need to monitor the fuel pressure at the same time via a mechanical gauge.

Reaction score
I will just supply the answer for your third problem....internal Blower Motor only working on position 4 is the resistor module burnt out.

This sits just behind the glove box.....most owners use the Sebring, pre-2005 I think, resistor pack...plugs in perfectly but much more robust construction.

I had seen something similar online and wasn't 100% sure, have ordered the part and when it comes in and I install it I will let you know if that is the fix.

Well your "mechanic" is not a mechanic by anymeans,meaning he *****.

Need to be looking at freeze frame data,STFT and LTFT's along with the O2 readings at the same instances that caused the codes to set(via Freeze frame data) and you need to monitor the fuel pressure at the same time via a mechanical gauge.

The only positive is they haven't charged me for anything because they haven't fixed anything, meaning I can take it elsewhere and get them to look through the stuff you have suggested.

Reaction score
Ok so update, car has been driving a tad odd. The engine light is gone and the codes have cleared by themselves.

While I was driving today, multiple times the car wouldn't react to the accelerator pedal, and I could head a knock or thud noise coming from the engine bay while I was rolling. It wouldn't rev or accelerate, I kept pumping the pedal and no reaction for around 15-30 seconds when it would kick in and accelerate like normal.

Any ideas what that could be?>

Reaction score
Further update. Now getting code P0300. Still investigating the issue before I try and find a better mechanic in my area next week.

XJfanatic

Reaction score
Ok so update, car has been driving a tad odd. The engine light is gone and the codes have cleared by themselves.

While I was driving today, multiple times the car wouldn't react to the accelerator pedal, and I could head a knock or thud noise coming from the engine bay while I was rolling. It wouldn't rev or accelerate, I kept pumping the pedal and no reaction for around 15-30 seconds when it would kick in and accelerate like normal.

Any ideas what that could be?>

Hey, would help if I could but I'm having some of the same issues with my '04 Liberty. Replaced all the O2 sensors but still get p0152 code, sometimes clears, occasionally won't accelerate, once it stalled and wouldn't idle when restarted. Runs normal before and after these episodes. Would appreciate any info if your mechanic resolved the issues. Thanks!