Clevis seating?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparky

Reaction score
Ok so I'm out in garage replacing my front sway bar bushings with the Daystars. While pondering the new bruise on my forehead :favorites68: from dropping the swaybar on me I noticed that my front shocks dont look like they sit all the way down in the clevis. Should they be seated all the way down to the lip on the shock? It's a stock '07 Sport with New KYB shocks. We dont off road in it (wife wont let me :disgust: because it's her baby) but we do tow a popup with it regularly. I did the shocks last month and cant recall how I set them. I did them at 2 in the morning so that may have something to do with it... Drivers side front tire is the only one showing wear at this point. Man my head hurts right now!

Before I tighten everything up I figured I'd seek some advice.

Thanks,
Mike

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Loosen the clevis bolt a little, if they are not down all the way they will go with the weight on them
OR
if both the same leave them alone
Did you get an alignment recently? If not you need to to save your tires from further wear

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
There is a little ridge on the bottom part of my front shocks where the clevis rests against... it's not directly under the shock though. Not sure if that's the "lip" you're talking about, or if you're thinking the clevis should be flush against the bottom of the shock.

Sparky

Reaction score
Thanks Tom, they def are not the same, the bottom of one is flush with the bottom of the collar on the clevis the other is up about 1/4". I'll loosen up the nut on both and "let it slide" down until it rests on that lip or ridge as Jayme called it. It is time for new tires but I thought it was odd only the drivers side was wearing on the inside.