In channel vent shades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bugnout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I see some vent shades on ebay for 29.99, they aren't autoventshade, but have a satisfaction guarantee. Any one have an opinion on the quality of these?

oddball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been considering vents too. Everyone I talk to claims the stick-on are better than the in channel.

jeepfrog

Reaction score
I've had the stick on kind for almost 5 yrs. No issues with them coming loose. It is nice to be able to leave your windows cracked open even when it's raining.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally Ill never use stick on after getting my in channel's. Nice and low profile plus they dont stick to the paint. If I ever want to remove them all I do it pull them out and be done with it. I bought mine when draw tite was making them and they are nice and thick. Not sure how those would be from ebay.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally Ill never use stick on after getting my in channel's. Nice and low profile plus they dont stick to the paint. If I ever want to remove them all I do it pull them out and be done with it. I bought mine when draw tite was making them and they are nice and thick. Not sure how those would be from ebay.

I agree with you.

I've always had in-channel Visors on my vehicles. They blend into the body soo much better and don't look out of place.

I Think the kind I have are from Ventvisor. $30 bucks you say? Never seen them that Cheap. Depending on the vehicle a Set usually goes for $50 to $100.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the WeatherTech in-channel vent visors and they are really great. I don't know what to tell you about the $39 ones.

Dave

Blue KJ in PA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the in channel on my KJ that came installed from new...love them.
I have the MOPAR stick on ones that the dealer installed on my wife's 08 Dodge Grand Caravan...they are not so loved...first set blew off while I was driving down the road...they are not as thick, they are smaller thus less useful, and they flex way more than the one on my KJ.

oddball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always had in-channel Visors on my vehicles. They blend into the body soo much better and don't look out of place.

See now I totally agree with this but several people have told me the damn things have a tendency to fly off at highway speeds.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
See now I totally agree with this but several people have told me the damn things have a tendency to fly off at highway speeds.

oddball....All I can tell you is I have the WeatherTech in-channel ones and there is no way they are falling out unless you purposely take them out.

Just my experience with them.

Dave

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I've never had vent shades on any of my vehicles in 30 years....

oddball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oddball....All I can tell you is I have the WeatherTech in-channel ones and there is no way they are falling out unless you purposely take them out.

Just my experience with them.

Dave

Thanks Dave. Since I really do like the in-channel look better, I'll have to look into the WeatherTech brand.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never had vent shades on any of my vehicles in 30 years....

Word. Besides, where I wheel, people actually lose KC lights because of the overgrowth on the trail. I can't imagine a plastic doo-dad taped to the vehicle would last.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't smoke...do you?

I enjoy the occasional cigar. Rarely have an ash incident. But I'll admit I don't enjoy the occasional cigar when going down the highway at 75mph. I enjoy the cigar while cruising the beach and inspecting the bathing-wear of some of our finer young things. hump.gif

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I've never had them just because I'm not sure about the look...JMO...:)

And here in the sun they fade, get hazy and crack up....

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The only way they come out is if there not properly installed. The constant pressure of the window helps them really stick.

I've used them on many Vehicles for years and never had one fall out. I had a buddy pull one out on my old car b/c he was a ******** hanging on my door. but I popped it back in and put the window up and it never moved again. and I didn't replace any of the tape either.

Long as the area is clean when installed they'll never move.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
The only way they come out is if there not properly installed. The constant pressure of the window helps them really stick.

I've used them on many Vehicles for years and never had one fall out. I had a buddy pull one out on my old car b/c he was a ******** hanging on my door. but I popped it back in and put the window up and it never moved again. and I didn't replace any of the tape either.

Long as the area is clean when installed they'll never move.

I had to pull mine off the doors of my 1/2 ton when it was getting painted and they were stuck on there tight, the tape held good...it was hard to get them off the doors.

Latest posts

Members online