CEL and P0137 code?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check engine light came on this morning. Stopped by AutoZone and it's giving me a P0137 code.
Jeep seems to be running fine, maybe a little hesitation but that might just be my imagination.

Where do I start?

EDIT= just found HJ thread listing codes.
P0137 O2 Sensor 1/2 Circuit Voltage Low

Should I just go ahead and swap out the O2 sensor and see it the code clears?

Last edited:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check engine light came on this morning. Stopped by AutoZone and it's giving me a P0137 code.
Jeep seems to be running fine, maybe a little hesitation but that might just be my imagination.

Where do I start?

EDIT= just found HJ thread listing codes.
P0137 O2 Sensor 1/2 Circuit Voltage Low

Should I just go ahead and swap out the O2 sensor and see it the code clears?

Those pesky O2 sensor codes can be a real bear - often the sensor isn't the cause of the code it is just indicating that there is something upstream from the sensor that's causing it to trip the CEL.

Have a shop put it on their scanner and see if fuel readings are correct and to make sure there aren't any underlying codes that AZ's scanner didn't pick up. You can buy a new sensor (get one from the dealer - aftermarket O2 sensors are notorious for being crap) and see if that clears everything up but it's possible that the code could return because something else is causing it.

Sorry I can't be more helpful :emotions34:

Bob

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get that code every now and then. Also get 157 at times. I reset it with my scan gauge and go on. Often times doesn't come back on for months.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

I made an appointment for tomorrow at my shop. They have been good to me over the years, so I'm pretty sure they will give me the skinny without trying to screw me.

Hopefully it's something simple. Saturday I have plans to get the KJ all dirty:icon_smile: