A/C SYSTEM Oil capacity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tag under the hood says 1.25lb of refrigerant and 240cc of oil. The only component i am replacing is the compressor, i am not flushing the system, the compressor did not fail, the clutch is the problem. But it was cheaper to buy a new compressor.

Should i add the full 240cc to the compressor or will there be oil in the system elsewhere that would result in having too much oil in the system?

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's 8oz of PAG46 oil and 26oz of R134a on a completely new system. If you're only replacing the compressor just empty the oil from it and put in the same amount.

Some people suggest replacing the accumulator anytime the system is exposed to air. If you replace the accumulator too just know it will have some oil in it too.

I just replaced my compressor so if you have any questions about the process of pulling a vacuum and recharging ask away.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.