Block Heater - I Found It Now What

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the Jeep Owners Manual. Obviously the block heater is in a different spot on the CRD but where? Tie wrapped to the dip stick of course!

I haven't clipped the tie wraps yet but it doesn't look like the cord is near long enough to route through the grill so where do you route it? To the windshield?

I am heading back out into the snow to clip the tie wraps and try to figure it out but will check for your suggestions when I return!

************* UPDATE *********************

OK the cord is long enough. I routed it under the engine cover, tie wrapped it to one of the small radiator hoses and behind the grill through a small detent in the cowel cover on the drivers side that looks like it was made for it. The plug is too large to fit through the grill so I guess I will be lifting the hood each time.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cowcatcher said:
The plug is too large to fit through the grill so I guess I will be lifting the hood each time.

If you must lift the hood each time, at least you'll get in the habit of not driving off with it plugged in (as I have heard can happen!). (biggrin)

Are you going to have it on a timer?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really want to get one of those on my 3.7. It can get really cold here sometimes and that would be great.

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
cowcatcher said:
The plug is too large to fit through the grill so I guess I will be lifting the hood each time.

If you must lift the hood each time, at least you'll get in the habit of not driving off with it plugged in (as I have heard can happen!). (biggrin)

Are you going to have it on a timer?

Yup, that is what is was thinking too. :-k

Not sure about the timer. On other vehicals I have just plugged them in over night. They typically have a built in thermostat so they should not over heat.

I ordered slush mats, a receiver cover and Yakima LowRiders today so I can get the skis on top. Credit card is singing happy songs! :-({|=

I need to haul up to 4 bikes now and then. Any suggestions on the best one to use? It will be in the hitch not on top. Not sure if the fold down or the swing away is best on a Libby. The spare tire mount looks interesting but I am thinking the weight on the tail gate is not a good idea.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Care to tell me what kind of cross bars you got and where? Ive been looking into this also. Not the adapter for the skis, just the cross bars.

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
Care to tell me what kind of cross bars you got and where? Ive been looking into this also. Not the adapter for the skis, just the cross bars.

I had a Yakima on my Taurus that I am recycling. I already had the bars so all I needed was the LowRider posts to attach to the Libby rack. This time I bought a 10 pack of locks too and I plan to put the old stuff on ebay. I found what I believe to be an excellent source on the Yakima and Thule stuff at least from the standpoint of price. Check here:

http://www.agees.com/welcome.htm

They were about 20% off and ship a lot of stuff prepaid.