Best jack stands & jacks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

biz999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just getting into working on my KJ and am in the market for jackstands. I have all of OReilly's, Autozone, Advance Auto and Napa in my town. Does anyone have experience with their jack stands and jacks?

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use AC Delco 3 1/2 Ton jacks from O'Reilly professionally. About $200. each with a 1 year warranty. They're holding up fantastic to the beating they receive on old, pitted, concrete in a tire shop being used hard. You can probably get by with less, but these are one hell of a jack.

ACDelco 34700 - Garage Jack | O'Reilly Auto Parts

I just recently picked up an AC Delco 1 1/2 ton mostly aluminum "racing" jack for service calls. Little fellow is easy to carry, quick jacking, and will pick up cars and most pickups easily. Might be all one would need around a home shop and priced about $125.

ACDelco 34745 - Aluminum Racing Jack | O'Reilly Auto Parts

Haven't beat the hell out of it on an everyday basis though.

Jack Stands are, well, ,,, ,,,,, jackstands.

Bob

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 3 ton Harbor Freight jack. I've had it about 2 years now and its been great. I got it on sale and then used one of the 20% off coupons; it was about $70ish. It lifts high enough to get the wheels of my lifted KJ off the ground. It lifts smooth and easy, and rolls around nice. No leaks, squeaks, or any issues.

Can't remember where I got my jackstands from; I think VatoZone but I'm not sure.

dougmac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what I have found works best...... I have my Chevy on it here, but it also works with the Liberty. :)

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

megatone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just recently picked up an AC Delco 1 1/2 ton mostly aluminum "racing" jack for service calls. Little fellow is easy to carry, quick jacking, and will pick up cars and most pickups easily. Might be all one would need around a home shop and priced about $125

ACDelco 34745 - Aluminum Racing Jack | O'Reilly Auto Parts

Haven't beat the hell out of it on an everyday basis though.

I have one of these 3 ton aluminum jacks. I used it on a daily basis and the hydraulic seals went bad after about a year. I replaced the seals and have since only use it on road calls for these past 3 years without fail.

It is a handy jack. Nice and light. Easy to maneuver. doesn't take up much space. It would be an excellent choice for the home mechanic, but for extensive daily useage, I have a couple of steel Snap On brand jacks.

And for the jack stands......the Liberty weighs close to 4,000Lbs......as a general rule of thumb (which may be unnecessary) I always try to use jack stands with twice the weight handling capacity of the vehicles weight. So, for the Liberty I would go with 4 ton stands. I just looked at Autozone website, they sell Duralast brand 4 ton stands for $50...........might as well get two pair.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have a 4 ton HF jack that I love. Got it for the extended lift.

Jackstands whatever is the best price for the weight rating, probably all made in the same factory.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a HF 3 ton floor jack and several Sears 2 1/2 ton jacks. They all work good. I keep one in the Jeep as the factory jack won't lift the Jeep high enough anymore..

I made ramps out of left over 2x12 boards.

Dave

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Snap On jacks are great. Especially liked the older ones built by Lincoln . They're bumping $800 now though, and that'll buy 4 of the Delcos that my guys are using non stop day after day.

Bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DaleKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you go with Snap On or some other high dollar jacks they're almost all made in China. I have the 4 ton HF jack and it's awesome. Jack the whole front or back of the vehicle at one time. None of that side to side crap. Also, the HF jack stands are great, too. I think I paid $100 and some odd for the jack with 20% off. You can get 25% off occasionally. I got one from Retail me not app and one from NRA magazine. Put on brakes the other day, had the front end off the ground and came back to it the next day and it hadn't moved at all. I went to a large tire shop a few months back and they were using the same jack. Asked one of the guys and he said they haven't had a problem with any of them. I hate giving money to China but I'm not going to pay $800 for a jack either. Hopefully we will get someone in the White House who will lower the corporate tax rate and bring manufacturing jobs back to the U. S. Then we can buy American again without paying a fortune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk