Back tailgate buzzard going off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dante

Reaction score
I try to figure this out but my buzzer goes off and then it shows where my mileage gate comes on also my interior light comes on it has to do something with the tailgate but I try my best to figure out what it is I got a video but for some reason I can't upload it and pictures I can't unload either but when I'm driving the buzzer going off the word gate pops up with us the speedometer is and the interior lights are on anybody had this issue please let me know cuz it's driving me crazy

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd check the latch on the gate and see if there is a contact in there that is dirty. Seems like something just needs to be cleaned off.

WINGDOG

Reaction score
Common problem with Libertys. I ended up just cutting the yellow wire going to the rear glass latch switch and problem gone.

Dante

Reaction score
I haven't tried nothing yet but i will soon first i'll clean the lock hopefully that'll work

Dante

Reaction score
Fix the problem

So I fixed the problem on my Jeep what I did was took the lock out and clean it it was very dirty old grease stuck with dirt in the little Micro switch was stuck with dirt so I cleaned it real good that's how the problem thank you guys for the information