Anyone have to cut control arms out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because the bolts (camber adjustment) has seized ?
Want to know what I’m getting into before I start
If there’s room for a sawzall blade to get into the pockets or an easier method

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I think there's room. At least one mine it looks like there is. Might have to cut from under, but that'll work.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there's room. At least one mine it looks like there is. Might have to cut from under, but that'll work.

Thanks. It’s been cold here and I work outside and really not feeling this. However I think having the front tires level with the ground will help slot with tracking in the snow.

Royy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah there's enough room for a sawzall blade. I had to cut both of mine out.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah there's enough room for a sawzall blade. I had to cut both of mine out.

Thanks. Good to hear this process sounds simple enough so far.. Did you also get factory bolts? In another post I mentioned all 4 bolts plus 2 clevis fork bolts shipped from mopar direct was around $100

Royy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Good to hear this process sounds simple enough so far.. Did you also get factory bolts? In another post I mentioned all 4 bolts plus 2 clevis fork bolts shipped from mopar direct was around $100

Definitely make sure you get some high quality sawzall blades though. I used blades from Harbor Freight for the first control arm. It took forever and I think I went through 6 or 7 blades. Got some more expensive blades from a local hardware store for the second one, and that made it a lot easier and faster.

I pulled the replacement bolts from a KJ at a junkyard, and cleaned them up.

Latest posts

Members online