Anybody have sunroof problems before?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swampbandit

Reaction score
Last night my wife opened the sunroof on my 02 and i dont know what she did and how she did it but she managed to put it in a bind and brake the plastic guides. Anybody every have this happen and if so what is the best option? Buy a repair kit or go to a pull a part and replace the whole sunroof. Seems easier to pull the headliner and remove the 5 or 6 10mm bolts and remove the whole sunroof than having to drill out rivets to install new parts.(banghead)

kage860

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never had that problem. Depends how long you want to keep the car. You might be able to remove the gearing and just glue it in place if you don't want to put any money into it. Otherwise maybe replace the whole thing with a junkyard unit.

Swampbandit

Reaction score
Never had that problem. Depends how long you want to keep the car. You might be able to remove the gearing and just glue it in place if you don't want to put any money into it. Otherwise maybe replace the whole thing with a junkyard unit.

I was able to remove the glass and get the guides to go in the closed position and reinstall the glass, ran a water hose over the roof for a few minutes with no signs of leaks

Latest posts

Members online