Alternator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

*BabyGirlJJ*

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey there ladies and gents!!! I apologize for not being on here lately but - I'm back :)

I am having an issue with the little lady and from reading on here it seems to be the alternator - can anyone tell me the part number I need for my 2003 Liberty Sport? I would really appreciate it - there are three options but don't want to play the game of get it - wrong one and then back to the store!

Thanks!

*BabyGirlJJ*

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So school me :) Those are the only ones that AutoZone is pulling up - Gold Duralast which is 160 amp and then the other is normal Duralast as well :(

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So school me :) Those are the only ones that AutoZone is pulling up - Gold Duralast which is 160 amp and then the other is normal Duralast as well :(

Unless you have the Renegade model your alterator will the 136 amp. Doesn't do any good to upgrade to the 160 amp as your onboard computer controls the amperage through the system - and yours is set to talk to the 136 amp alternator. Again unless you have a Renegade.

Bob

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you have the Renegade model your alterator will the 136 amp. Doesn't do any good to upgrade to the 160 amp as your onboard computer controls the amperage through the system - and yours is set to talk to the 136 amp alternator. Again unless you have a Renegade.

Bob

Actually the PCM controls the voltage not the amperage...it sense the voltage at the ignition switch and ups the field current in the alternator.

But you are correct in stating that you achieve nothing by fitting a larger-amp alternator unless you intend running extremely large sound systems or use an inverter to power tools or appliances.:icon_biggrin:

Austerity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not a Duralast fan either, but where would be a better place to purchase one? Mine is fine, just wondering...I can't see a Mopar alternator being affordable.