Alignment results help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeeper03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This past weekend I replaced my old JBA coilovers with the new version and changed the rear springs as well. I dropped the jeep off at a well known 4x4 shop in town that I always go to for my alignments on all my jeeps. However this time I am a little worried about the results.
Here is my set up.
FRONT
JBA coilovers
JBA upper control arms and balljoints
extended sway bar links
extended brake lines
all new balljoints, tierods, etc...
Both sides are adjusted to 23 inches
REAR
JBA bolt on trilink
JBA 6 inch springs
both sides sitting at 23.5 inches
Bilstein shocks
TIRES AND WHEELS
moab wheels
265/75/16 duratracs
OTHER MODS
Rock lizard front and rear bumpers
rock lizard roof rack
kilby and 4xguard skids
warn winch

Are these alignment specs correct or way off? I see a lot of red on the paper which makes me nervous. Previously I was at 3.5" and the alignment came out perfectly to factory specs this is the first time I've been to 4 inches.
Thanks in advance

jeeper03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeeper03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the results were weird. Anything special I should tell them when I bring it back in?

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cardhu-albums-alignment-picture3342-around-6-months-after-lift-1-month-after-new-wheels-tires-%7Ejuly-4-2012.jpg

TJKJ's advice was what i used with my alignment guy.

set -0.4 camber and as much caster to <0.5 deg cross caster.

toe normal.

Steering was extremely responsive but i liked it. Tires wore a little on the inside compared to out but nothing outrageous. 1/32" diff.

was also lower than you so your mileage may vary.

Last edited:

jeeper03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OKAy so just trying to make sure I tell them correctly. They need to adjust it for correct toe and camber but let caster fall where it will as long as there is no more then 0.5 crosscaster?

jeeper03

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Also here are the pictures of the bolts. First two are right side rear then front then left side rear then front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeeper03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I took it back to the alignment shop and they told me it can’t be done and it’s impossible. When I told them others have done it they just said they would like to see that and see where the bolts are in the slots. I’m thinking of just going back to 3.5”

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I took it back to the alignment shop and they told me it can’t be done and it’s impossible. When I told them others have done it they just said they would like to see that and see where the bolts are in the slots. I’m thinking of just going back to 3.5”

Are you having a driveability or tire wear issue? Or just fixated on what the numbers are supposed to be?

I'm only at ~3" lift. I halfway expected the alignment shop to critique some of the unusual suspension work I'd done (flipped balljoint, extra washers & spacers in places). They didn't bat an eye.... made some minor adjustment and said it was good to go. No real change other than they made it track dead straight when you let go of the wheel. No funky tire wear before or after.

Sadly, I lost the alignment sheet. :Violin:

jeeper03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took it to a different alignment shop yesterday and the alignment is now perfect. It is exactly where everyone said it should be and drives great now. Guess I won’t be going back to the first shop for my next alignment.

Latest posts

Members online