After market fog light install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chitownjohnny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I am going to be getting after market fog lights any suggestions? Next do I need to install a relay or just a straight switch?

Chitownjohnny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seriously 1 person responded of all the people in this forum only 1 has installed after market fog lights and no one has ever purchased any and has a suggestion. But God forbid you ask about coolant then 300 people want to tell you to use HOTA. I just need some help

RenKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seriously 1 person responded of all the people in this forum only 1 has installed after market fog lights and no one has ever purchased any and has a suggestion. But God forbid you ask about coolant then 300 people want to tell you to use HOTA. I just need some help
I would guesstimate for every 300 people here for coolant info there is one for fog light info, but really anything with good reviews is fine, the relay part is probably most important.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well then. His answer is correct. I installed my own harness for my fogs. You should use a relay. Here is a good diagram. Except this doesn't show the return to ground on the lights.
You must be registered for see images attach

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm following since I'd like to do this too. I have nothing else to offer :shrug:

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Coolant applies to everyone. Aftermarket fogs does not. It's that simple.

No need to get snippy about a FREE forum where people VOLUNTEER their time to help folks.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Calm down, sugar t!ts. You got a response from "the man" of the forum. Nothing else needs be said.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Sorry I did not respond with everything explained out or that more did not respond. But simple answer was all that was needed I thought.
No need to be upset , plus some things are just more fun to talk about :happy175:

Czars picture was pretty much right on, its pretty simple really as to what you need etc, heck lots of places have fog light wiring kits with everything included. I have 4 or 5 of them laying down in the garage as a matter of fact , I always do my own style of wiring but ended up with these from lights i bought

Last edited:

VAPoorBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No need to get so upset.
Unlike coolant which affects practically everyone, fog lights do not. Some people add them and some do not. Also, depending on the Libby, they may already have factory fog/driving lights. Not everyone lives on forums so some people may take a bit to see your question so give it some time.