Ac clutch coil 2006

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rigid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys , sorry to beat this to death , but trying to make sure I am the right track before diving in .In previous post went through several things and we got to the point that the compressor does not engage . Logan suggested jumping the coil with 12v and nothing happened . At this point I have a new coil , clutch holding wrench and a remover / installer tool on a loan a tool program . I did not remember that I have to take the manual fan off to get the clutch apart and I don't have the wrench . big adjustable spins the pulley so I need to make a flat holder wrench so I have not really gotten started . Plus I need the jeep here for more than 15 minutes !!

I have 14v coming from the harness to to coil plug . The coil there now shows 1.71 ohms and the new one shows 3.6 . Does it seem I am headed in the right direction or I am I about to waste a bunch of time ?

Thank you

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys , sorry to beat this to death , but trying to make sure I am the right track before diving in .In previous post went through several things and we got to the point that the compressor does not engage . Logan suggested jumping the coil with 12v and nothing happened . At this point I have a new coil , clutch holding wrench and a remover / installer tool on a loan a tool program . I did not remember that I have to take the manual fan off to get the clutch apart and I don't have the wrench . big adjustable spins the pulley so I need to make a flat holder wrench so I have not really gotten started . Plus I need the jeep here for more than 15 minutes !!

I have 14v coming from the harness to to coil plug . The coil there now shows 1.71 ohms and the new one shows 3.6 . Does it seem I am headed in the right direction or I am I about to waste a bunch of time ?

Thank you

Ok you have +14 volts on the correct pin of the fitted clutch coil...have you added a separate ground from the compressor body to a nearby clean chassis or engine connection? I you have done this and the clutch still does not engage then either the coil has failed or the clutch has seized somehow.

rigid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes . + and - jumpers from battery to correct pins on coil and no result . After checking the ohms on the current coil I started to question if it was bad . My thinking was that it would have to test 0 to be bad . The clutch turns freely by hand . I better get started .

Thank you