ABS light on after steering rack rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hadtomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello

My kj v6 went to the shop today for a new detroit trutrac and my mechanic said that my steering rack is shot (i already knew it went bad).

he replaced the steering rack - and called to say that the ABS and ESP lights are on.

before he pulls out the code reading gear - any thoughts about what could cause this?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm guessing it just needs to be aligned, provided that one of the speed sensor wires didn't get damaged.

RenKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could try disconnect Batt and drive it a bit to see if it clears, otherwise look at alignment or wheel speed sensors

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I replaced the rear wheel speed sensor on my Jeep, the Brake light went off but the ABS light stayed on. I took it for a drive and the ABS light disappeared.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
or he damaged the clock spring when replacing the rack. could be a lot of things, wheel speed sensor, wiring, harness, clock spring, tone ring

Members online

No members online now.