ABS Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canuck

Reaction score
I’m having an ABS issue with my 2006 Liberty and I’m looking for trouble shooting suggestions.

If I lock or spin the front wheels there is an ABS fault, the dash lights (ABS, Brake, Esc) all come on and the ABS system doesn’t work. If I shut the vehicle off and restart it the system resets.

I read the codes and the fault code is “C2200 Anitlock Brake Module Internal”

What I’m trying to trouble shoot is do I need to change the ABS control with the pump or the Electronic module. I tried to have the dealer diagnose it to and they say just change both.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could it be that changing both is cheaper than buying the one you actually NEED plus cost of the code read?

Canuck

Reaction score
Could it be that changing both is cheaper than buying the one you actually NEED plus cost of the code read?

If it’s just the electronic module that needs to be replaced it’s about a 1/2 hour and the code read takes no time at all.

The control module with the pump on the hydraulic side is more time consuming (3-4 hrs) and requires a full system bleed.

Last edited:

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never pulled codes, but after replacing a wheel bearing my and light went out as soon as I drove forward, after being on for about a year. I believe there's a way to check them with a multimeter. Just a thought

Last edited: