2006 liberty shuts off when turn ac off!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

liberty6767

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Jeep liberty limited I just finished working on where it was crashed in the front, very minor just a bumper and grill. I found out tonight that I can use the ac but I was sitting in my garage turned the ac off and soon as I did that the car shut off? Any ideas what could be the culprit?

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the cluster lights stay ON or does it act as if you had turned the ignition key OFF?

Unfortunately the main harness runs across the front of the Jeep and is easily damaged in a front collision.....I had 6 wiring faults after a front-right collision.

You can download the 2006 KJ Service manual here...includes wiring diagrams. You will need a cheap Multi meter to check where the voltage to the AC clutch relay is going missing....I can go through the relevant sections with you once you have the wiring diagrams in front of you.

Index of /manuals/Jeep/KJ

Latest posts

Members online