2006 Jeep Liberty -Electrical short

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

louisirby

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Jeep Liberty Limited Sport Utility 4-Door 3.7L 226Cu. In. V6 GAS 4X4. My radio shorted out smoke came from the dash. Now it will start and run okay. Nothing that has an electrical load will work. When I turn anything that carries a load such as blower, head lights, door locks, wipers nothing works. When I turn on any load, I hear what sounds like a relay engage and drop out as soon as it drops out it will engage again like click, click, click each time it clicks some of the dash lights will flash each time it clicks, until I turn the load off.

Help

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2006 Jeep Liberty Limited Sport Utility 4-Door 3.7L 226Cu. In. V6 GAS 4X4. My radio shorted out smoke came from the dash. Now it will start and run okay. Nothing that has an electrical load will work. When I turn anything that carries a load such as blower, head lights, door locks, wipers nothing works. When I turn on any load, I hear what sounds like a relay engage and drop out as soon as it drops out it will engage again like click, click, click each time it clicks some of the dash lights will flash each time it clicks, until I turn the load off.

Help

So it's safe to assume you didn't do any testing of anything yet? Because you don't say so.

What have you already done to troubleshoot this, so we don't waste time suggesting the same things all over again?

Latest posts

Members online