2006 CRD Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2006CanuckCRD

Reaction score
Recently, since it finally got cold and snowed, a rather LOUD noise has developed from the engine / frame area.
It only started since it's been quite cold, and I think it kight just have been some snow / ice build up near the engine / frame area.
Has this happened to anyone else.
It resonated at idle only and a slight increase in idle quieted it down.

Second problem, and a little more troubling...
A noise has come from my transmission when I put it in reverse.
It sounds like the fluid pumping, pulsing. It has not done it for a while but it did do it for a day or so. Again it was only at idle and went away once you started reversing. It was rather lound inside the cab.
Again any BTDT on tis one ?

Thanks in advance
Mark

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
OK, the first one is normal. You have a diesel. They make loud rattling noises in the cold. That's all there is to be said about that.

Second one I think is also normal, yet you just haven't noticed it before... the transmission solenoids. I could be wrong about that one though.

2006CanuckCRD

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.

Now, on Sunday I decided to plug in the block heater (was rather cold that night -20deg C ) in the morning. I guess I had it plugged in about 2 hours. Funny thing was it made it MUCH harder to start. To the point where it wasn't going to start. It would catch but would not stay firing unless I used the started to keep it turning...

Anyone out there with experience using the block heater ?

Thanks

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
2006CanuckCRD said:
Thanks for your reply.

Now, on Sunday I decided to plug in the block heater (was rather cold that night -20deg C ) in the morning. I guess I had it plugged in about 2 hours. Funny thing was it made it MUCH harder to start. To the point where it wasn't going to start. It would catch but would not stay firing unless I used the started to keep it turning...

Anyone out there with experience using the block heater ?

Thanks
It takes more than 2 hours to warm up the engine...
Also remember to unplug the block heater before you start up the engine. If you don't, you can ruin the block heater.