2006 CRD Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2006CanuckCRD

Reaction score
Recently, since it finally got cold and snowed, a rather LOUD noise has developed from the engine / frame area.
It only started since it's been quite cold, and I think it kight just have been some snow / ice build up near the engine / frame area.
Has this happened to anyone else.
It resonated at idle only and a slight increase in idle quieted it down.

Second problem, and a little more troubling...
A noise has come from my transmission when I put it in reverse.
It sounds like the fluid pumping, pulsing. It has not done it for a while but it did do it for a day or so. Again it was only at idle and went away once you started reversing. It was rather lound inside the cab.
Again any BTDT on tis one ?

Thanks in advance
Mark

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
OK, the first one is normal. You have a diesel. They make loud rattling noises in the cold. That's all there is to be said about that.

Second one I think is also normal, yet you just haven't noticed it before... the transmission solenoids. I could be wrong about that one though.

2006CanuckCRD

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.

Now, on Sunday I decided to plug in the block heater (was rather cold that night -20deg C ) in the morning. I guess I had it plugged in about 2 hours. Funny thing was it made it MUCH harder to start. To the point where it wasn't going to start. It would catch but would not stay firing unless I used the started to keep it turning...

Anyone out there with experience using the block heater ?

Thanks

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
2006CanuckCRD said:
Thanks for your reply.

Now, on Sunday I decided to plug in the block heater (was rather cold that night -20deg C ) in the morning. I guess I had it plugged in about 2 hours. Funny thing was it made it MUCH harder to start. To the point where it wasn't going to start. It would catch but would not stay firing unless I used the started to keep it turning...

Anyone out there with experience using the block heater ?

Thanks
It takes more than 2 hours to warm up the engine...
Also remember to unplug the block heater before you start up the engine. If you don't, you can ruin the block heater.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.