2004 Horn Relay Location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smcbride11

Reaction score
I've seen a few similar threads from a few years back, but none had any resolution... I've got an '04 Renegade and a few weeks back the horn started honking and didn't stop until it had blown both the horn and the fuse. I've replaced the horns, but had a similar problem a few mornings ago - resolved by pulling the fuse (15A fuse 1, labeled 'horn relay').

I suspect the issue is the horn relay itself... but I can't find the horn relay - there's no reference in either the OM or the Haynes book as to where it might be.

Any pointers on the location of the horn relay on an '04?

Thanks!

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try this:
You must be registered for see images attach

You'll need to pull down the knee bolster (center section under the steering wheel column) in order to get to them, they are inside the left end of the dash. For reference you can see the door handle and the top of the speaker in the drivers door on the left side of the pic.

This info is from the '03 FSM, only difference I see for later years is that the spare location in the lower right of the group (bottom row on the end) is the power sunroof relay. I'll see about adding that to the diagram later.

Last edited:

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You neighbors must love you :rolleyes:

Mechanical relays can stick on occasionally, the next time the horn sticks on try tapping the "horn relay" till it stops or simply replace the suspect relay.

Last edited:

smcbride11

Reaction score
You neighbors must love you :rolleyes:
No kidding. Luckily the first one was in a parking lot outside the neighborhood and the second was late enough that I was awake and took care of it within a few seconds.

simply replace the suspect relay.

Yup, that's the idea. Replaced the relay and the blown horn today, and decided to replace the good one with a FIAMM as well. So far, so good.

The only thing of note I can add is that the screw holding the horn bracket to the body simply screws into the metal and the other side is underneath the wheel well liner, so you can't get a nut in there... And since the screw goes right into the bare metal, it may or may not hold the next time it's installed - mine didn't. I ended up having to run to the hardware store for a new screw just slightly larger than the old one to make sure the horns were tightly in place.