07 KJ - Rack and pinion hydraulic transfer tubing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nightpath

Reaction score
Hi

My 07 KJ has a rack and pinion hydraulic transfer tube line spraying power steering fluid all over.

Is this tube the same on the 06-07 KJ as it is on the 02-05? The only ones I can find are for the earlier version of the KJ. The rack and pinion also have different part numbers but look almost the same.

Barring the part not being the same does anyone know the size of the tubing used? I could probably get some copper-nickel brake line and make them.

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If its the high pressure line going to your rack then any year will work. Alternatively you can cut off the fittings off your failed line and got to a hydrualic hose place and get a new line with compression fittings. Bring in your old hose so they can size them for the compression fittings.

Just make you new line longer than the original one with little consequences. Every one that has failed on me has been in the hoses and not at the fittings.

You will loose the bracket behind the Left headlight unless you want to put the new hose in it and rivet it in place. Personally i see no need to do this. Mine lasted for ~3 years when i sold it with it in place. No leaks and a drastic change from the line blowing annually when it hits -40 for the first time each year.

Nightpath

Reaction score
The soft flexible lines aren't an issue. On the rack and pinion itself are 2 hard lines, similar to brake lines. One is spraying because of corrosion.

Not sure if I attached the picture right, but it's 1 of the lines from an older rack and pinion

Attachments

• 3L1310-FRO__ra_m.jpg
    3L1310-FRO__ra_m.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 15

Nightpath

Reaction score
Here's a pic off the 07 KJ. Is this the same as the older style?

You must be registered for see images attach

Donaldwj

Reaction score
The soft flexible lines aren't an issue. On the rack and pinion itself are 2 hard lines, similar to brake lines. One is spraying because of corrosion.

Not sure if I attached the picture right, but it's 1 of the lines from an older rack and pinion
I know an old thread. You remember where this line was ordered from?