WTB: Armor for a 2007

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I could use the basic armor (Front Suspension, Transmission, Transfer Case). If anyone has a good deal and are close enough so I don't get hoarked on shipping, let me know.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Give me your scratched, your old,
Your muddied armor yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your crowded garage.
Send these, the unwanted but still-usable, to me:
I lift my wallet beside the ground freight shipping.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
There's a pick n pull near me with a 02 Rene that I presume has skids but someone took the wheels off so it's just sitting on its belly so I don't know how to even go about getting them off.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
There's a pick n pull near me with a 02 Rene that I presume has skids but someone took the wheels off so it's just sitting on its belly so I don't know how to even go about getting them off.

Nothing like the easy ones, is there? Maybe I can persuade Yoda to lift her off the ground for me. :happy175:

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I needed a ball joint bracket for the rear diff. They lifted the Jeep with a fork lift and let me stack tires under it.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
No, I didn't. I am not surprised, though, and it was worth a shot.

I'm probably just going to buy new stuff. Maybe if I can find a deal where the shipping isn't terrible...

BillyG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Too bad you are not closer to me. Last time I went to the pick-n-save yard I found another front skid plate and 3 out of the 4 Liberty's had front tow hooks. Well, now it is down to 2 since I took a set for myself. I have yet to find a transmission skid plate though.

I checked shipping to your area and it would cost as much as a new one.

dchadjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Too bad you are not closer to me. Last time I went to the pick-n-save yard I found another front skid plate and 3 out of the 4 Liberty's had front tow hooks. Well, now it is down to 2 since I took a set for myself. I have yet to find a transmission skid plate though.

I checked shipping to your area and it would cost as much as a new one.

Billy, what part of VA are you in? you didn't by chance hit the Pick a Part in Stafford or Fredericksburg did you? I checked their website and they have several Libbys, but no way to tell if they are Renegade models with the skid plates included, and I'd rather not drive 2 hours round trip without knowing they have what i need.

BillyG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in Lynchburg and have only hit the local one here. Let me know if you cannot find what you need is Sterling and we can work something out.

dchadjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
profdlp - is there a pick a part place in Sterling? I'm not far from there in Fairfax. Have you ever been to the one in Stafford or Fredericksburg?

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Not that I'm aware of. I saw "Virginia" in BillyG's location and was off to the races.

I'm probably going to end up ordering the stuff new. Between the driving and the hassle of getting it off, with no place near me that I know of it probably makes more sense. Or just wait a few years until a few more die off around me and then move in like a vulture.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
That's what I did...ordered it through my dealer to save on shipping.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I wanna say I paid about $50 each for the trans/xfer case skids and about $150 for the gas tank, already had the engine one. It was way less than ordering online, plus the dealer loaned me a better nutzert tool than what came with the skids.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm unsure as to whether I will go whole hog and do the gas tank skid. Yeah, it would stink to mess it up, at the same time it costs almost as much as the rest of them put together. I definitely want to add the transfer case, transmission, and engine skids though.

Probably what will end up happening is that I will buy the three I just mentioned, then a year or two from now when I'm looking for something else to do I'll add the gas tank one.

BillyG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the gas tank skid on with no issues. I removed the trailer hitch then used two screw jacks- one for the skid and the other for the hitch. I did not remove the straps on the gas tank as the skid went right over the top of them.

I did not get the hardware with the t-case skid plate as I could not get the nutserts out of the frame. I will be going to one of the Jeep dealers to get everything I need.

dchadjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could use the basic armor (Front Suspension, Transmission, Transfer Case). If anyone has a good deal and are close enough so I don't get hoarked on shipping, let me know.

Have you checked out Jparts.com? For all 3 skid plates listed (not including fuel tank, which isn't even available on their site) the total is under $200. Not bad at all. I'm just wondering if they include all mounting hardware...anybody know?

Latest posts

Members online