Rola Roof Basket & DIY Crossbars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m having a custom roof rack built for my Jeep, so I’m offering up this one for sale.

You must be registered for see images attach

It’s a Rola roof basket on DIY crossbars.

The roof basket has had spots of rust buffed off and been repainted a few times with Rustoleum Hammered Black. It’s going to need touching up again in the spring, but it still has some life left in it. It’s a decent rack and I’ve hauled chainsaws, gas cans, a tire, camping equipment, and all sorts of other things up there. It doesn’t look like new but neither is your Liberty. :icon_razz:

The crossbars are made from strong galvanized pipes and are bolted to the Jeep’s side rails with stainless steel hardware and lock nuts, which I’ll include. The bars are wider than the roof, which allows for additional carrying space next to the basket, like for an awning or off road jack. Without the basket on, the bars are wide enough for 2 kayaks or canoes side by side, but they don’t stick out any farther than the side mirrors do. The cross bars and rack could be installed on any vehicle with side rails, as this is a flexible setup.

Rola Roof Basket: $50
DIY Crossbars & stainless hardware: $40
Take it all: $75
Make me an offer for my KK side rails if your KK doesn’t have them.

I can meet you in the middle within a reasonable distance in southeastern PA, South Jersey, or Delaware if you chip in for gas, but this is too big and bulky to ship.

Some more photos from various angles (and years) for detail:

Last time I repainted it in 2016:

The crossbars:

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a pic of the Mopar KK side rails, which will shortly be coming off my Jeep.

If your KK was a base model or had a sky slider, you probably had plastic strips here rather than actual side rails. You can easily swap these on if you’d actually like to have a roof rack.

The rails themselves could use some paint but they work perfectly fine.

Mopar side rails: $50
DIY Crossbars & stainless hardware: $40
Take it all: $75

I’m located in Philadelphia, PA. Can’t ship this but I can meet up with you within a reasonable distance.

Last edited:

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
A couple of photos of the crossbars, still for sale. Everything comes with the stock hardware. It would be easy to shoot the bars with rustoleum before assembling and installing and they’d look great.

Latest posts

Members online