RRO Insane or JBA??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are there many pros and cons between the RRO Insane arms and JBA A-arms??

are the JBAs significantly better??

RROs are only $279
JBA are running $385..

ive learned the very hard way i need to do the lift right the first time..

would RROs be a bad choice?

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
I went with Al's upper "A" Arms.
RRO didn't want my business!
They didn't give me the time of day when I
enquired via email and telephone.
RRO doesn't know what real customer service is.
Oh, by the way?
All they did was rip off and duplicate JBA's product.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
I went with Al's upper "A" Arms.
RRO didn't want my business!
They didn't give me the time of day when I
enquired via email and telephone.
RRO doesn't know what real customer service is.
Oh, by the way?
All they did was rip off and duplicate JBA's product.

Sums it up,plus have spoken to Marlin,first try,e-mail answered that day or next business day.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Customer service to me goes a long way in a business. RRO doesn't have that nor do they try to have any type of customer service. Marlin has always gotten back to me in a timely matter and when I bought a used set of #3 arms and had weld issues it was no time that I had a set of the first 4.5s on my doorstep. Thats what you want in a company.
Cheap prices do not always mean a great product over all.

Bure aghali= cheap is expensive:)

Diggerfreek

Reaction score
Marlin is at the top of the market when it comes to customer service.... Trust me, I know as I usually talk to the him ever few weeks when he is supposed to be closed...

Inc

Free
Reaction score
To answer your questions, no RRO would not be a bad choice and no the JBA are not a significantly better product, if they are better at all. RRO makes decent products, and they appear to be every bit as nice as the JBA, but the company selling them is notorious for bad service. Some have not had any issues with RRO, but a ton of people have. It can be a crapshoot because of how they deal with customers. So if you think JBA's superior service is worth extra dough, then go for it. If you want a quality product for less money but you may have to deal with a bunch of idiots, go for the RRO.

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i found a pair of JBA gen 4.5 with only 300m on them for $320 shipped. so im just gonna save up and grab those.. and yeah i saw a post somewhere where the actual weld broke on the insane arms.. scary.. don't want that happening to me.

Boiler

Reaction score
well i found a pair of JBA gen 4.5 with only 300m on them for $320 shipped. so im just gonna save up and grab those.. and yeah i saw a post somewhere where the actual weld broke on the insane arms.. scary.. don't want that happening to me.

Can you find this post again? I wasn't aware of any public breakages yet, in fact I hadn't really seen where anyone had tested them thuroughly at all.

I'd buy JBA because the RRO ones are still basically new to the market and I've heard their service is the pits.

That said, we've all seen multiple examples of early JBA arms breaking, but I've yet to see any of the new gens broken. Though that doesn't mean it hasn't happened, I just don't know about it.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Ive always been scared of JBA's arms. Hes tried hard to get them right and I think hes finally done it but its taken awhile. He has amazing customer service and even offers a deal to replace arms that he didnt design(which fail) with the new arms.

Inc

Free
Reaction score
Can you find this post again? I wasn't aware of any public breakages yet, in fact I hadn't really seen where anyone had tested them thuroughly at all.

I had never heard this before either. I'd like to see this post as well. I had only heard of one person over on LOST that had bought them.

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ill try and find it.. it was one of those things you just come across surfing the forums.. ill look though..

candpliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

By tomorrow night the Insanes will be installed. By Wednesday evening it should be all done.:)

Last edited:

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score

By tomorrow night the Insanes will be installed. By Wednesday evening it should be all done.:)
Cool,Ought to be improvement over stock.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bash 'em all you want

I bought the RRO arms becuase RRO's shipping to northern Canada was significantly lass expensive than JBA. Also, I've had all my calls answered, except when you guys do Thanksgiving like a month late... and all of my emails responded to in a timely manner. Now, I'm not defending RRO and am no way affiliated with them, just telling you how my experience has been. Next time I have my KJ on the lift I'll post a pic of the UCA install. So far so good. Mine didn't come with a steel plate across the top, and I put some 90 degree grease nipples on the bushings to be able to grease them easily. I'll continue to deal with RRO until they burn me. Mind you, that 6" lift from JBA might look some sweet under my Libby.

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im glad people are trying the RRO arms. We all know that JBA has been the staple of liberty modification all along but its nice to try new things. heck maybe RRO is pulling its head out of its ass lately. I would like measurments on how much of an imporvement the RRO are really over stock and in comparison to the JBA. I know ive stated it before but in the spring im going to try out the RROs and see how they work